"My Catholic Faith" catechism "classic"
My Catholic Faith
Louis LaRavoire Morrow [Bishop of Krishnagar]
Kenosha WI: My Mission House
©1963 "Ecumenical Spirit Edition" [but first of eight © is 1949...fka "A catechism in pictures" later "A Manual of Religion"]
PDF: https://archive.org/details/B-001-014-327/page/n4
There is a typically handsome, durable reprint of the "classic 1954" ed. from Angelus Press

I turned these pages online, deeply moved by nostalgia in the root sense of aνόστος/ nostos/ homecoming + ἄλγος/ algos/ pain for the past I barely glimpsed, as I was sent  off to Catholic kindergarten in 1966.

P.S. Apologies if this has already been shared; the search function on FE did not dig up any prior excavations.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Farchive.org%2Fservices%...f=1&nofb=1][Image: mcf406-post.jpg]
[Image: mcf232-post.jpg]
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
[-] The following 3 users Like Fionnchu's post:
  • antiquarian, dahveed, Sacred Heart lover
It's a great book. I bought the Angeles Press version for my home altar area. I am leafing through it slowly but plan to use it mostly once my kid arrives (and grows up some years).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • Fionnchu
(11-30-2019, 08:18 PM)Fionnchu Wrote: I turned these pages online, deeply moved by nostalgia in the root sense of aνόστος/ nostos/ homecoming + ἄλγος/ algos/ pain for the past I barely glimpsed, as I was sent  off to Catholic kindergarten in 1966.
Your brief post and feeling of nostalgia is both haunting and tragic.  Those pictures in the book, the fonts used, the changing of text from normal to italicized to bold, but most of all, the substance, shock a traditionally minded Catholic the way a long-forgotten picture album tears at the heart of a husband viewing photos of his deceased wife.  It is truly the type of "painful remembering" that any knowledgeable Catholic feels in his heart today.  Those books exist as reprints, but the spirit of the faith that encouraged such works is effectively extinguished, save for a hint of it lingering in a minority of souls.
[-] The following 3 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • Fionnchu, MiserereMeiDeus, Sacred Heart lover
I can't believe it--I remember this book! (Wish I had it now.) Thanks for the post, Fionnchu.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Fionnchu
I found an old, 1960 version, of this book about a year or two before the reprint. I then bought the reprint as a gift for my mother. It is so beautiful and thorough; I think I refer to it more often than I do any other Catholic resource on my bookshelf. I can't wait to use it with my children when the time comes!

ETA: It turns out that FishEaters has a PDF of the book on the Catholic Library page. Here is a direct link:

My Catholic Faith
[-] The following 1 user Likes vale_of_tears's post:
  • Fionnchu
(12-03-2019, 06:14 PM)vale_of_tears Wrote: I found an old, 1960 version, of this book about a year or two before the reprint. I then bought the reprint as a gift for my mother. It is so beautiful and thorough; I think I refer to it more often than I do any other Catholic resource on my bookshelf. I can't wait to use it with my children when the time comes!

ETA: It turns out that FishEaters has a PDF of the book on the Catholic Library page. Here is a direct link:

My Catholic Faith

Yes, VoT, I admit I had not checked there first but on Archive.org when I was searching. I'm glad that FE has it in its library too....
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)