Fulton Sheen Beatification Postponed
Cheese Head Dolan has his knickers in a bunch and he and his heretic buddies will use all of their considerable influence in Rome to be sure that there's no Beatification whilst the Venerable's relics are not in his grubby little hands.

From Catholic News Agency

Peoria, Ill., Dec 3, 2019 / 01:10 pm (CNA).- The scheduled beatification of Ven. Servant of God Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen has been postponed after several U.S. bishops asked that the cause be given more time for examination. The Diocese of Peoria announced the delay on Dec. 3.

Archbishop Sheen's beatification was set to take place on Dec. 21.

“With deep regret, Bishop Daniel Jenky, C.S.C, Bishop of Peoria, announces that he has been informed by the Holy See that the beatification of Fulton Sheen will be postponed,” said the press release from the diocese.

The diocese originally received word from the Vatican on Nov. 18 that the beatification had been approved to take place the following month. But the diocese said that on Dec. 2 “the Holy See decided to postpone the date of Beatification, at the request of a few members of the Bishop’s Conference who have asked for further consideration.”

“Bishop Jenky is deeply saddened by this decision,” said the press release. “In particular, Bishop Jenky is even more concerned for the many faithful who are devoted to Sheen and who will be affected by this news.”

Jenky is “firmly convinced of the great holiness” of Sheen, and “remains confident that Sheen will be beatified.” The cause for Sheen’s beatification and canonization will continue and, the press release stated, there have been “many miracles” reported through Sheen’s intercession, including some as recently as the last three weeks.

The Peoria diocese explicitly stated that the delay was not the result of any allegations of abuse of a minor.

“In our current climate, it is important for the faithful to know there has never been, nor is there now, any allegation against Sheen involving the abuse of a minor,” added the release.

It was not revealed in the release which, or how many, bishops requested the delay, nor did the release state what prompted these requests.

The diocese said that throughout the investigation of Sheen’s life during the beatification process, “it has been demonstrated definitively that he was an exemplary model of Christian conduct and a model of leadership in the Church. At no time has his life of virtue ever been called into question.”

The diocese says they are “confident” that any further investigation into the life of Archbishop Sheen will only result in positive discoveries that will only bolster the case for his beatification.

“The Diocese of Peoria has no doubt that Fulton Sheen, who brought so many souls to Jesus Christ in his lifetime, will be recognized as a model of holiness and virtue.”

There is no indication from the diocese of when they expect a rescheduled date for the beatification. The Diocese of Peoria and the USCCB did not respond to CNA’s requests for comment in time for publication.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • LionHippo
Fr. Z has posted this as well. None of the comments bring any useful information to light.
Is Cardinal Dolan against the Abp. Fulton Sheen cause?  I've heard this claimed in a few places but never the particulars.
(12-03-2019, 09:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Cheese Head Dolan has his knickers in a bunch and he and his heretic buddies will use all of their considerable influence in Rome to be sure that there's no Beatification whilst the Venerable's relics are not in his grubby little hands.

( - :
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • MiserereMeiDeus
(12-03-2019, 11:39 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Fr. Z has posted this as well.  None of the comments bring any useful information to light.

Someone commented it may only be a weather delay.
(12-04-2019, 12:03 AM)MacPasquale Wrote: Is Cardinal Dolan against the Abp. Fulton Sheen cause?  I've heard this claimed in a few places but never the particulars.

He's not necessarily against the Cause, but he's dead set against it going forward in Peoria. He fought Peoria in the secular courts to try to keep Sheen's body in NY. It took several years, but he finally exhausted all the avenues, so now he's obviously trying to delay it in Rome. He wants the $$$ that pilgrims to a shrine will bring.

The worst of all was that NY duplicitously claimed that Sheen wanted to be buried in NY. That's true, but he wanted to be buried in Calvary Cemetery, the official cemetery of the Archdiocese of New York, not under the Altar of St Patrick's where they buried him ($$$, remember?)

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Bishop Robert Barron's latest on his favorite Netflix's offering

“THE CROWN” AND THE PRIMACY OF GRACE 

Oh well, no accounting for taste
(12-04-2019, 12:22 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 12:03 AM)MacPasquale Wrote: Is Cardinal Dolan against the Abp. Fulton Sheen cause?  I've heard this claimed in a few places but never the particulars.

He's not necessarily against the Cause, but he's dead set against it going forward in Peoria. He fought Peoria in the secular courts to try to keep Sheen's body in NY. It took several years, but he finally exhausted all the avenues, so now he's obviously trying to delay it in Rome. He wants the $$$ that pilgrims to a shrine will bring.

The worst of all was that NY duplicitously claimed that Sheen wanted to be buried in NY. That's true, but he wanted to be buried in Calvary Cemetery, the official cemetery of the Archdiocese of New York, not under the Altar of St Patrick's where they buried him ($$$, remember?)
Thanks for the clear up.  This is a relief to hear, I thought it was gonna be something shady.
(12-04-2019, 12:14 AM)Blind Horus Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 11:39 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Fr. Z has posted this as well.  None of the comments bring any useful information to light.

I've never heard of a major event like a Beatification or a Canonisation being 'called because of the weather', especially since the date was two and a half weeks away. Unless the weather forecasters are wizards, they have no idea what the weather's going to be like in Peoria on the 21st.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Blind Horus, MagdalenaRita
(12-04-2019, 02:01 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 12:14 AM)Blind Horus Wrote:

I've never heard of a major event like a Beatification ofrCanonisation being 'called because of the weather', especially since the date was two and a half weeks away. Unless the weather forecasters are wizards, they have no idea what the weather's going to be like in Peoria on the 21st.

I think they were joshin', Jovan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • jovan66102