Malachi Martin predicted eco-worship
I'm sure that some folks on here have listened to and read Malachi Martin.  I've been working my way through the interviews he did with Bernard Janzen and Art Bell in the early and mid 90s.  While I think that he was quite accurate in a lot of the things he reported and predicted, I was particularly interested in how accurate he was in foretelling the type of "one world" eco-worship scenario that we are living through right now.  I was in high school when he did these interviews, but I don't remember there being such a big environmental push during these years, so to me it was a bit chilling to hear these words from interviews done 25 years ago.  Of course, I may not have been tuned into the major currents of thoughts back then so I could have completely missed these developments.  But I don't really remember the "climate crisis" being the huge deal that it is now until "An Inconvenient Truth" came out in the mid 2000s. 

Also, more specifically, Martin predicted the Vatican's enthusiastic involvement in these "climate" talks and goals.  He truly seemed to have knowledge of what the long-term plans of some individuals within the Church were to crumble her from within. 

I would be interested in hearing from anyone familiar with Malachi Martin concerning these or any other topics.
[-] The following 7 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Bonaventure, Fionnchu, JacafamalaRedux, Roger Buck, Zedta
I really like Malachi Martin, and believe his bad reputation is due to a lot of error and blatant falsehood. I think Malachi was on point with a lot of the things he said about the Church, it was clear he had a vast inside knowledge of what was going on. His interviews about the preternatural are always something I find myself going back to. I honestly still haven't finished "Hostage to the Devil" because one of the cases in it freaked me out lol.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Bonaventure, JacafamalaRedux, Zedta
I have been a long-time 'fan' of good Fr. Malachi. I have in my library many of his works and have read "Hostage to the Devil" twice. I even was able to find a very hard to get copy of his book on the Dead Sea Scrolls. He said that there was overwhelming evidence that the scrolls were tainted, in some ways, copies of ancient scriptures, that were placed in the caves because of what they were. He pointed to the fact that when scribes made copies of the scriptures for use in the temple, any errors could not be changed. They didn't have erasers. so to speak, and rather than allow a text into the temple that was not perfect, they buried them in clay vessels in the caves, where they would not be found. He said that many were incomplete and some just fragments or just incorrect or otherwise, erroneous texts of scriptures.

As for his other books, I haven't finished "Wind Swept House", it is a little too disturbingly relevant to today's situation in the Church for my sensitivities, but I'll get to it. It is an history book, written as a novel. That becomes quite obvious as one reads it and it is so spot on, it is disturbing.

I have listened to many of his recorded interviews and listened to the Art Bell interviews when they were live. I think he was a very brave man and his enemies were legion, literally, and powerful and very highly placed. He had many encounters with the evil ones, spiritual and physical ones and the battles left scars and plenty of revenge-takers in his path. I think he was killed by the demonic and it took two attempts before he was 'pushed' too hard and eventually succumbed to his injuries.

I do miss him.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 3 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Fionnchu, JacafamalaRedux, Roger Buck
He's a figure steeped in controversy but many of his books were prescient.  Over the years I've read "The Jesuits", "Keys of This Blood", "Windswept House" and "Hostage to the Devil". He definitely knew a lot of what happened and what would happen. 

Zedta you owe yourself a read of "Windswept House". If you could manage the often twisted and bizarre "Hostage to the Devil" it's not a hard read.  I confess I had to skip the details of the ritual when I read the book, as graphic depictions of animal abuse is too much for me to bear.  I love dogs and cats too much.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 5 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian, Fionnchu, JacafamalaRedux, Roger Buck, Zedta
(12-03-2019, 11:37 PM)LionHippo Wrote: I'm sure that some folks on here have listened to and read Malachi Martin.  I've been working my way through the interviews he did with Bernard Janzen and Art Bell in the early and mid 90s.  While I think that he was quite accurate in a lot of the things he reported and predicted, I was particularly interested in how accurate he was in foretelling the type of "one world" eco-worship scenario that we are living through right now.  I was in high school when he did these interviews, but I don't remember there being such a big environmental push during these years, so to me it was a bit chilling to hear these words from interviews done 25 years ago.  Of course, I may not have been tuned into the major currents of thoughts back then so I could have completely missed these developments.  But I don't really remember the "climate crisis" being the huge deal that it is now until "An Inconvenient Truth" came out in the mid 2000s. 

Also, more specifically, Martin predicted the Vatican's enthusiastic involvement in these "climate" talks and goals.  He truly seemed to have knowledge of what the long-term plans of some individuals within the Church were to crumble her from within. 

I would be interested in hearing from anyone familiar with Malachi Martin concerning these or any other topics.

Big Fr Martin fan here. LionHippo, could you please provide some of the interviews about climate change that you've referred to? I'd be interested to know what in particular you're been listening to.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(12-04-2019, 03:57 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: He's a figure steeped in controversy but many of his books were prescient.  Over the years I've read "The Jesuits", "Keys of This Blood", "Windswept House" and "Hostage to the Devil". He definitely knew a lot of what happened and what would happen. 

Zedta you owe yourself a read of "Windswept House". If you could manage the often twisted and bizarre "Hostage to the Devil" it's not a hard read.  I confess I had to skip the details of the ritual when I read the book, as graphic depictions of animal abuse is too much for me to bear.  I love dogs and cats too much.

I had never paid attention to him until a friend recommended "Windswept House" which is in the FE library. It has a "who's who" of real clerics and prelates appended, too. I found the "novel" very scattershot and long-winded, with far too many tangential characters and didactic digressions. And as an animal lover, I had to skim that chapter, too. Martin does have a knack for summoning up the forces that threaten and terrify, and he's best at setting and not plot. 

MM's talent is probably not in fiction, however "real" as somewhat disguised. However, he made some points in terms of the JPII figure that resonated. It made the novel more relevant two+ decades ago just before YK2, as he tied so much to the Polish papal contexts and in-fighting. Like the Father Elijah series by Michael D. O'Brien, without spoilers, both authors bring the reader to the brink of the end of it all without revealing, well, what Revelations might be said to not reveal just yet. I guess Martin had to write this with a lot of supposition and deflection built in so as to not stir up the wrath of certain insiders, let alone Masons. 

His Wiki page has a rumor: "During a videotaped memorial titled Malachi Martin Weeps For His Church, Rama Coomaraswamy, a sedevacantist cleric, claimed that Martin had told him that he had been secretly ordained a bishop during the reign of Pius XII in order to travel behind the Iron Curtain ordaining priests and bishops for the underground churches of Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. Coomaraswamy died in 2006."

One puzzle to his own departure from the Jesuits (also discussed at Wiki) is that he supposedly asked to be released from only some of his Society vows. He still had to abide by that of chastity, but there's controversy over whether he stayed "faithful" in that status after he left. And he was not incardinated into a diocese as a priest, so his standing seems a bit "irregular." I admit amusement at the claim by some sedevacantists that he was of Jewish descent, as his being of rural Co Kerry stock makes this, well, extremely far-fetched to say the least. His first name is an anglicization of the good old Irish saint Maolsheachlainn. 

This Taylor Marshall treatment appeared last January. 
https://taylormarshall.com/2019/01/malac...dcast.html
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
(12-04-2019, 06:31 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 03:57 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: He's a figure steeped in controversy but many of his books were prescient.  Over the years I've read "The Jesuits", "Keys of This Blood", "Windswept House" and "Hostage to the Devil". He definitely knew a lot of what happened and what would happen. 

I had never paid attention to him until a friend recommended "Windswept House" which is in the FE library. It has a "who's who" of real clerics and prelates appended, too. I found the "novel" very scattershot and long-winded, with far too many tangential characters and didactic digressions. And as an animal lover, I had to skim that chapter, too. Martin does have a knack for summoning up the forces that threaten and terrify, and he's best at setting and not plot. 

MM's talent is probably not in fiction, however "real" as somewhat disguised. However, he made some points in terms of the JPII figure that resonated. It made the novel more relevant two+ decades ago just before YK2, as he tied so much to the Polish papal contexts and in-fighting. Like the Father Elijah series by Michael D. O'Brien, without spoilers, both authors bring the reader to the brink of the end of it all without revealing, well, what Revelations might be said to not reveal just yet. I guess Martin had to write this with a lot of supposition and deflection built in so as to not stir up the wrath of certain insiders, let alone Masons. 

His Wiki page has a rumor: "During a videotaped memorial titled Malachi Martin Weeps For His Church, Rama Coomaraswamy, a sedevacantist cleric, claimed that Martin had told him that he had been secretly ordained a bishop during the reign of Pius XII in order to travel behind the Iron Curtain ordaining priests and bishops for the underground churches of Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. Coomaraswamy died in 2006."

One puzzle to his own departure from the Jesuits (also discussed at Wiki) is that he supposedly asked to be released from only some of his Society vows. He still had to abide by that of chastity, but there's controversy over whether he stayed "faithful" in that status after he left. And he was not incardinated into a diocese as a priest, so his standing seems a bit "irregular." I admit amusement at the claim by some sedevacantists that he was of Jewish descent, as his being of rural Co Kerry stock makes this, well, extremely far-fetched to say the least. His first name is an anglicization of the good old Irish saint Maolsheachlainn. 

This Taylor Marshall treatment appeared last January. 
[url=This came out last January   https://taylormarshall.com/2019/01/malac...dcast.html][/url]
True, there were some barely veiled JPII references in Windswept House. Wasn't the papal figure known simply as "the Polish Pope?" I too remember most of the characters in that book were allegedly tied to real people,  including priests and bishops.  I also recall the late (and controversial in his own right)  Father John Hardon, S.J. saying on many occasions that he found Martin to be a bit of  teller of "tall tales" and denying that any such ritual ever happened. 

After having read Michael Hoffman's "Occult Renaissance Church" and seeing just how deep the neo pagan/Talmudic/Ceremonial Magick elements got within the upper echelons of Vatican circles I tend to believe Martin that there was a ritual. I'm a pretty big fan of Father Hardon, or I definitely have a soft spot for him, but I think his Jesuit upbringing was so strong he simply wouldn't allow himself to even entertain the possibility of something so vile going on within the Church. 

I remember the "Father Eiljah" series by Michael D. Obrien as well.  They were pretty fun reads,  kind of like a Catholic version of Clive Cussler's "Dirk Pitt" books but with an apocalyptic flair. There used to be a parish near me that had an awesome library and I remember being like a kid in a candy store,  spending whole weekends just devouring everything I could get my hands on from Malachi Martin, Michael O Brien, Fatima stuff,  Henri de Lubac, all of Ratzinger's obscure older stuff, Dietrich von Hildebrand and everything in between.  I think I even read a few Bob and Penny Lord books.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Fionnchu
(12-04-2019, 06:31 PM)Fionnchu Wrote: I admit amusement at the claim by some sedevacantists that he was of Jewish descent, as his being of rural Co Kerry stock makes this, well, extremely far-fetched to say the least. His first name is an anglicization of the good old Irish saint Maolsheachlainn.

Just don't tell my buddies, the FitzGeralds and the rest of the bhoys that I grew up with in St Malachy's Parish (or their friends in the neighbouring St Bridget's Parish) that Malachy is a Jewish name!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Fionnchu
Interestingly enough, he accuses a man named "Leonardine" of being a satanist in his book Windswept House. Some think that "Leonardine" was a pseudonym for Cardinal Bernardin of Chicago. Church Militant wrote an article on it although I think you have to be a member of their site to get the full details. I remember E. Michael Jones saying he interviewed one of his alleged victims and he says that he did not find her credible.

Here is a video where Bernardin is claimed to have engaged in deviant behavior and was apparently even involved in contract murder

Here is the article by Church Militant. I would like to see PDFs of these files that CM claims they received if they actually exist.

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...r-satanist