My Health
I've been having really bad health episodes at work lately. I am resigning from one of my jobs. It may be due to stress from that. My boss at my other job wanted to move me into full time work but with these health episodes, it may not be a good idea until there is solid and consistent improvement.

These are a heavy amount of mental maladies that I am facing. I've been wanting to give my priest a call all week to even have him help me determine if it isn't something even more diabolical. They have happened before but never at a heavy and hard-hitting pace like this. Sunday it came after having to go through a loud training module on active shooter. Monday I was off from both jobs and was fighting back cutting temptations the whole day. The presence I felt was eerily dark. Tuesday I collapsed while on break. I can't remember anything but squeezing my boss's hand with just my pinky finger. She said I was cutting off circulation. Wednesday, I called out from one job, went into my other job that day and started with the malady. My co-worker rushed to grab me a stool to sit on. Somehow, I made it to the feast of St. Barbara and was well. Thursday, I had a massive headache. Friday, I was incredibly tired then one of the Dpt. Managers who saw my headache from Thursday asked if I was okay and that I wasn't doing well the day before and I imploded just before my shift. My boss arrived at the same time I was about to clock in and asked if I was okay. She sent me home early that day. I went home, slept, and missed the feast of St. Nicholas. I also scratched myself to the point of bleeding.
(12-07-2019, 07:36 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: I've been having really bad health episodes at work lately. I am resigning from one of my jobs. It may be due to stress from that. My boss at my other job wanted to move me into full time work but with these health episodes, it may not be a good idea until there is solid and consistent improvement.

These are a heavy amount of mental maladies that I am facing. I've been wanting to give my priest a call all week to even have him help me determine if it isn't something even more diabolical. They have happened before but never at a heavy and hard-hitting pace like this. Sunday it came after having to go through a loud training module on active shooter. Monday I was off from both jobs and was fighting back cutting temptations the whole day. The presence I felt was eerily dark. Tuesday I collapsed while on break. I can't remember anything but squeezing my boss's hand with just my pinky finger. She said I was cutting off circulation. Wednesday, I called out from one job, went into my other job that day and started with the malady. My co-worker rushed to grab me a stool to sit on. Somehow, I made it to the feast of St. Barbara and was well. Thursday, I had a massive headache. Friday, I was incredibly tired then one of the Dpt. Managers who saw my headache from Thursday asked if I was okay and that I wasn't doing well the day before and I imploded just before my shift. My boss arrived at the same time I was about to clock in and asked if I was okay. She sent me home early that day. I went home, slept, and missed the feast of St. Nicholas. I also scratched myself to the point of bleeding.

I've sent a prayer request for your maladies to the faithful sisters at the convent of the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Indiana. 

[quote]  As I made my way to the adoration chapel to take my first official hour, different things crossed my mind. Besides wondering if I would be able to stay awake the entire hour (which I think my excitement was greater than my tiredness at this point!), I began to think of the history of our community and the multitude of Sisters who have made the same walk down the hallways. I thought of the faithfulness of these Sisters and the faithfulness of Jesus to His brides to be present to them at every hour of every day. I thought about the fact that Jesus knew someday I would be the one covering the 2:30 am hour, that I would be the next Sister come to adore Him.

For over 150 years, my Sisters have been spending time adoring Jesus, day by day, hour by hour, switching with a simple, “O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament divine….All praise and all thanksgiving, be every moment thine.” How many times has this phrase been uttered in this little chapel in Mishawaka while the rest of the world sleeps peacefully? How exciting it was to be the next one to utter the phrase and begin the next hour! When I knelt down and said the words for the first time, there was this overwhelming sense of joy and gratitude for the next sixty minutes of prayer. After the hour was over, I walked back thinking about the next hour I’d take, and the next and the next, hoping that I would be able to utter this phrase countless times for the rest of my life, hoping that I would be able to spend many more hours with Jesus in this chapel and thanking Jesus for the gift of perpetual adoration.

-Written by Miss Eileen

Nice sisters
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Fionnchu
It keeps getting worse
(12-07-2019, 02:09 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: It keeps getting worse

Oh my goodness...will definitely be praying for you!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.
What is wrong with you?
(12-08-2019, 03:31 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: What is wrong with you?

Here is where basic literary skills are good to have
I'll pray for you. (We have a granddaughter with PTSD, so yes, I understand.)
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(12-08-2019, 09:57 PM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote: I'll pray for you. (We have a granddaughter with PTSD, so yes, I understand.)

It's not PTSD but mental disorders definitely overlap in their symptoms quite a bit.
[quote pid='1409810' dateline='1575940768']
It's not PTSD but mental disorders definitely overlap in their symptoms quite a bit.
[/quote]

These things are a struggle nonetheless. A friend wrote to me in anguish over the painful death of his MIL: "How do those who don't believe in God make sense of it all?"

How indeed--the entire family felt crushed by the experience, and the only peace they could find was in God. This is true of all our crosses, but mental illnesses and disorders are particularly difficult. And yet we are being mysteriously saved through them. [I'll take the worst road to Heaven over the easiest road to Hell!] May God bless you.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.