Anyone Have Any Good Natural Remedies For Arthritis ?
Worked a long day at my friend's banquet hall yesterday, felt great. Then I went to my girlfriend's house for dinner, and while relaxing, I got a sudden, wicked arthritic attack in my left hand, and it's been pretty sore for about 15-16 hrs now.
I haven't been diagnosed with arthritis, but I have a lot of joint and back pain due to my occupation. I take turmeric and it seems to help quite a bit. I just buy the spice in bulk and put it into empty gel caps. A little cheaper that way if you have the time and patience. I've been told mixing it with black pepper makes it a little more potent. It works similarly to an NSAID though, so if you're already taking blood thinners I'd talk to your doctor and not take any more than what you'd season a meal with.
I already use turmeric fairly often. But I'll take some more today.
Lots of water.  Warmth.  Braces are iffy, sometimes they help and sometimes they seem to make the pain worse.
Red and Near-Infrared light therapy is a proven therapy for arthritis.

Study up on the topic and then look into products on Amazon that have the level of lumens you need.

You don't have to buy an expensive setup and LED light works just as well as lasers.

It's remarkable if used regularly!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • MaryTN
(12-12-2019, 12:03 PM)Eric F Wrote: Worked a long day at my friend's banquet hall yesterday, felt great. Then I went to my girlfriend's house for dinner, and while relaxing, I got a sudden, wicked arthritic attack in my left hand, and it's been pretty sore for about 15-16 hrs now.
The very first entry in Werbach's venerable Nutritional Influences on Illness reads as follows:

Osteoarthritis

Niacinamide: 1 gram three times daily. (Taper once effective.)

I can attest to the effectiveness of niacinamide against pain, period. Niacinamide worked so well on my sciatica (back nerve pain) that I threw away the prescription pain meds.

I have spent two years working up to 2 grams daily, but then I'm a diabetic and had to bear with the rise in blood sugar until my body adapted. Niacin, the plain, flushing type, cured my blood circulation troubles, and I hope never to be without it. (Yes, plain niacin gives a flush but the benefits greatly outweigh the very temporary discomfort.)

Most people do not flush on niacinamide, however. If you'd like to try it, begin with 100mg to 250mg a day and increase as you are able until relieved. Werbach notes that pain relief may take as long as 2 to 6 weeks--I was feeling better in 2 or 3 days, and niacinamide doesn't have the nasty side effects of the drugs. Consider also taking some form of chelated magnesium.

I'll be praying for you.

"Dr." Teresa
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(12-13-2019, 12:12 AM)Teresa Agrorum Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 12:03 PM)Eric F Wrote: Worked a long day at my friend's banquet hall yesterday, felt great. Then I went to my girlfriend's house for dinner, and while relaxing, I got a sudden, wicked arthritic attack in my left hand, and it's been pretty sore for about 15-16 hrs now.
The very first entry in Werbach's venerable Nutritional Influences on Illness reads as follows:

Osteoarthritis

Niacinamide: 1 gram three times daily. (Taper once effective.)

I can attest to the effectiveness of niacinamide against pain, period. Niacinamide worked so well on my sciatica (back nerve pain) that I threw away the prescription pain meds.

I have spent two years working up to 2 grams daily, but then I'm a diabetic and had to bear with the rise in blood sugar until my body adapted. Niacin, the plain, flushing type, cured my blood circulation troubles, and I hope never to be without it. (Yes, plain niacin gives a flush but the benefits greatly outweigh the very temporary discomfort.)

Most people do not flush on niacinamide, however. If you'd like to try it, begin with 100mg to 250mg a day and increase as you are able until relieved. Werbach notes that pain relief may take as long as 2 to 6 weeks--I was feeling better in 2 or 3 days, and niacinamide doesn't have the nasty side effects of the drugs. Consider also taking some form of chelated magnesium.

I'll be praying for you.

"Dr." Teresa

A good source of Niacinamide and other B complex vitamins are brewer's yeast tablets.
Three grams of niacinamide is a lot of brewer's yeast.  :D  Still, it's a good addition to a regular diet. (Thanks for the reminder, SHL. I'd forgotten about brewer's yeast and will pick it up.)

For pain, take the pure capsules.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
Pain went away last night and I even went to the health club this morning. It's strange the way arthritis hits me, sometimes an attack lasts less than 24 hrs, typically no more than 48, and then it's gone without a trace.
(12-13-2019, 01:52 PM)Eric F Wrote: Pain went away last night and I even went to the health club this morning. It's strange the way arthritis hits me, sometimes an attack lasts less than 24 hrs, typically no more than 48, and then it's gone without a trace.

Thanks be to God! If the attacks become more frequent (and last longer) you'll have options. Bona fortuna!