Rural areas to move to with nearby TLM.
Not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it where it needs to go.

I'm retired at 55 y/o and I'm in pretty good shape.  I have a modest but ok pension I'm living off of and have good credit.  I'm thinking of moving to a rural location where I can raise some chickens, maybe a goat or two for milk, and have access to decent deer hunting land. 

I want to find a house with a few acres that aren't too pricey near a Church with regular Latin Masses.  I'm looking at southern states like the Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky or maybe even the Ozarks in Missouri or Arkansas.  It seems Latin Masses are few and far between in these areas. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
St Mary's Kansas!

The Christian Withdrawal Experiment

From The Atlantic

By Emma Green

Feeling out of step with the mores of contemporary life, members of a conservative-Catholic group have built a thriving community in rural Kansas. Could their flight from mainstream society be a harbinger for the nation?

(entire article at the link)
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(12-12-2019, 08:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: St Mary's Kansas!

From The Atlantic

By Emma Green

Feeling out of step with the mores of contemporary life, members of a conservative-Catholic group have built a thriving community in rural Kansas. Could their flight from mainstream society be a harbinger for the nation?

I saw that and was going to link to it as well.

Kansas is where the trad party is going on!   :chleader:

There's also Maple Hill if you prefer the FSSP.

And Kansas City has the ICK, FSSP, and SSPX.

#UNITETHECLANS!
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102
SSPX in Franklin, TN.  But you will have to get a bit out of Franklin because it is currently a very hip place to be.
(12-12-2019, 08:49 PM)jack89 Wrote: Not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it where it needs to go.

I'm retired at 55 y/o and I'm in pretty good shape.  I have a modest but ok pension I'm living off of and have good credit.  I'm thinking of moving to a rural location where I can raise some chickens, maybe a goat or two for milk, and have access to decent deer hunting land. 

I want to find a house with a few acres that aren't too pricey near a Church with regular Latin Masses.  I'm looking at southern states like the Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky or maybe even the Ozarks in Missouri or Arkansas.  It seems Latin Masses are few and far between in these areas. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not a southern state, but Roxbury, Wisconsin has a great trad community served by the priests of The Society of Jesus Christ the Priest. Daily TLM yo!
May God bless you and Mary keep you!
Eastern VA might be an option. There's St. Benedict's in Chesapeake and St. Joseph's in Richmond (both FSSP). Both are in cities but not far from the country. St. Benedict's is also reasonably close to parts of NC.
Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomine Tuo da gloriam.
(12-12-2019, 09:01 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 08:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: St Mary's Kansas!

From The Atlantic

By Emma Green

I saw that and was going to link to it as well.

Kansas is where the trad party is going on!   :chleader:

There's also Maple Hill if you prefer the FSSP.

And Kansas City has the ICK, FSSP, and SSPX.

#UNITETHECLANS!
I only saw these two posts sharing the article after I posted it just now as a main thread. I link to it and show the first two paragraphs, and that prominently featured picture of the 3 priests on the prairie. Meant to evoke, uh, what, in the minds of most Atlantic subscribers (of which I am one...). If anyone has problems accessing the piece, let me know.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
[-] The following 2 users Like Fionnchu's post:
  • jovan66102, Sacred Heart lover
If you want to move to Wisconsin, you could consider the Cross plains area. You'll have access to St. Mary's in Pine Bluff as well as an SSPX chapel outside of Waunakee (my regular parish). :P
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8

[Image: 180px-SA_160-Jeremia_op_de_puinhopen_van_Jeruzalem.jpg]
There was an article in the WSJ about the community in Clear Creek. That's as rural as it gets.
The article is behind a paywall, but if you arrive via their twitter acount you can read it in full:
https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/833028138888261633

FSSP in Cabot near Little Rock should also be rural but I don't know the area.
"What you make with our Lord?" -Bishop Athanasius Schneider
That's quite a few good suggestions. Thanks. I've look at St. Marys several times, but I'm not sure the wide open plains are for me. The Wisconsin trad growth is pretty interesting as well, but a bit far north for my retirement years. I've done the harsh winters for much of my life, and I think I'll try to avoid them from now on. If I was younger, though...

North Carolina is high on my list, but Franklin is a bit pricey. Maybe the surrounding area. I thru-hiked the Western part of the state on the AT, and spent quite a bit of time at Fort Bragg in the east. I do love the state, and have thought about settling there many times.

Clear Creek sounds pretty interesting, I'll have to look into that some more. Home and land prices are pretty cheap as well. Cabot, AR as well. I think I'll have to take a road trip in the spring to check these areas out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • Augustinian