Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness"
(12-14-2019, 02:48 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 12:54 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Personally I don't see it ever being made into a dogma in the RCC unless by some chance there's some Franciscan trad pope that comes in and does it.

At any rate it's interesting.  Even über trads like the Dimonds are dead against it, so there must be a lot of division surrounding it even in tradland.

That's the beauty of it, it most likely never will be dogma. If you don't like the title, don't use it. I personally never use it, but don't mind it.

I will say though, appealing to the Dimond brothers does not help your argument.
I'm no fan of the Dimonds, I find them cultish and repugnant,  I just found it interesting that in looking into it I found a few objections from the rad trad side (until then I'd thought "co redemptrix" was pretty much something most trads rallied around.  

True enough, it's not likely to ever be set in stone.  I suppose it remains open as a theological opinion that one can take or leave.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Augustinian

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness" - by formerbuddhist - 12-14-2019, 05:24 PM