Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness"
(12-14-2019, 04:19 PM)Paul Wrote: Good thing Co-Redemptrix doesn't mean any of that, then. You're arguing against a misinterpretation of the term, not what Catholics actually mean by it.

What would have happened if Mary had said no to Gabriel?

One could have just as easily asked this question pre-fall:

"What would God do if Adam and Eve disobeyed?"

These questions are all of the "what if..." variety. It is "foolishness" to debate what isn't and never will be. Mary was a "helper" or "facilitator" of the process but to be honest this co-redemptrix things seems a lot like a flirtation with "Christian / Catholic feminism." It is like throwing women a bone to keep them in Church.

Perhaps the word or translation is the problem. I don't know. I don't have a Ph.D. in theology or linguistics, but I do have a Ph.D. in another subject and I know those 3 letters often stoke of the flames of ego in us "scholars" to curry favor with the multitudes. Theologians aren't immune nor are the clergy.
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes divinesilence80's post:
  • formerbuddhist

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness" - by divinesilence80 - 12-14-2019, 11:25 PM