Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness"
(12-15-2019, 12:03 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: Mary was born without Original Sin, there are only 4 who ever have been, Adam, Eve, Jesus and Mary. It was through Adam and Eve that we fell, Christ is the new Adam, Mary the new Eve, and it is through both Jesus and Mary that we are redeemed. It is Mary that will crush the head of the serpent.

Perhaps but one has to question here if Mary could be born without Original Sin, why not the rest of us? I mean to be honest why did dear ol grand-Adam and grand-Eve's sin become a burden to us all? If your parents committed a crime, should you pay for it? Honestly, I am not a theologian here but I can see a lot of logical issues that arise from insisting that Mary was the first without Original Sin post-fall. One would be better served saying she was the first to be purified by Christ. As a matter of fact it wasn't until 1854 with Pope Pius IX that this was even a dogmatic thing.

(12-15-2019, 12:03 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: Far from it. Feminism is the opposite of humility, Our Blessed Mother Mary is all humility and as such is exalted as Queen of Heaven and Earth and indeed Co-Redemptrix. If Christ is the King of Kings, Mary is the Queen of Queens. By being born of the Blessed Virgin Mary, God became flesh of her flesh! Mary was not just some incubator, Mary is the Mother of God, Queen of Queens!

"Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee."

God Bless You

Well, I don't see or hear the BVM calling herself the co-redemptrix. And to be honest I don't think she really cares about titles when souls are endangered anyway. Feminism isn't necessarily an offense against humility. It is also a usurping of power.

(12-15-2019, 01:05 AM)Paul Wrote: I'm not sure there's such a thing as Catholic feminism, but if there is, what better example of what it means to be a woman than Mary?

There isn't a such thing as feminism is entirely incompatible with the basic tenets of Christianity. Feminism is an obsession with power and beating men into submission. Neither is kosher in any branch of Christianity.

(12-15-2019, 01:05 AM)Paul Wrote: And it's not the women that need keeping in church, especially in Novus Ordo land. The women already run everything there.

Chicken and egg problem......the reason they run everything is because it has become the good ol girls club which often devolves into the age old feminist adage that man = bad / woman = angelic.

(12-15-2019, 01:05 AM)Paul Wrote: Besides, both the titles Mediatrix of All Graces and Co-Redemptrix have been around for centuries, far longer than feminism.

But wasn't actually dogmatic until 1854 like I said above....
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness" - by divinesilence80 - 12-15-2019, 12:40 PM