Pope calls the idea of Mary as Co-Redemptrix "foolishness"
(12-15-2019, 04:39 PM)Paul Wrote: That's the Immaculate Conception, which isn't the same thing. But it was believed before then. Pope Pius IX didn't invent it.

Without an Immaculate Conception you can't really have a "co-redemptrix" which is what I was getting at.
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
Dr. Marshall has a video out on the title of co-redemptrix and the Holy Father's comments.

"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • dahveed, XavierSem
(12-17-2019, 11:40 AM)Augustinian Wrote: Dr. Marshall has a video out on the title of co-redemptrix and the Holy Father's comments.

1 hour and 30 minutes! dude! lol

God Bless You
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • XavierSem
[b]His Holiness Pope Leo XIII:[/b] "The recourse we have to Mary in prayer follows upon the office she continuously fills by the side of the throne of God as Mediatrix of Divine grace; being by worthiness and by merit most acceptable to Him, and, therefore, surpassing in power all the angels and saints in Heaven. Now, this merciful office of hers, perhaps, appears in no other form of prayer so manifestly as it does in the Rosary. For in the Rosary all the part that Mary took as our Co-Redemptress [or Co-Redemptrix] comes to us, as it were, set forth, and in such wise as though the facts were even then taking place; and this with much profit to our piety, whether in the contemplation of the succeeding sacred mysteries, or in the prayers which we speak and repeat with the lips." https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/teachings/leo-xiiis-iucunda-semper-expectatione-on-the-rosary-133

[b]His Holiness Pope St. Pius X:[/b] " Hence that uninterrupted community of life and labors of the Son and the Mother, so that of both might have been uttered the words of the Psalmist"My life is consumed in sorrow and my years in groans" (Ps xxx., 11). When the supreme hour of the Son came, beside the Cross of Jesus there stood Mary His Mother, not merely occupied in contemplating the cruel spectacle, but rejoicing that her Only Son was offered for the salvation of mankind, and so entirely participating in His Passion, that if it had been possible she would have gladly borne all the torments that her Son bore (S. Bonav. 1. Sent d. 48, ad Litt. dub. 4). And from this community of will and suffering between Christ and Mary she merited to become most worthily the Reparatrix of the lost world (Eadmeri Mon. De Excellentia Virg. Mariae, c. 9) and Dispensatrix of all the gifts that Our Savior purchased for us by His Death and by His Blood." http://www.vatican.va/content/pius-...x_enc_02021904_ad-diem-illum-laetissimum.html

Reparatrix is another equivalent word for Co-Redemptrix. And Dispensatrix is likewise an equivalent word for Mediatrix. Mary is Dispensatrix/Mediatrix of All Graces. And She is this now in Heaven because, on Earth, at the foot of the Cross especially, by Her tears, labors, dolors and sorrows with the Crucified Christ, She was CoRedemptrix.

[b]His Holiness Pope John Paul II:[/b] "Birgitta looked to Mary as her model and support in the various moments of her life. She spoke energetically about the divine privilege of Mary's Immaculate Conception. She contemplated her astonishing mission as Mother of the Saviour. She invoked her as the Immaculate Conception, Our Lady of Sorrows, and Coredemptrix, exalting Mary's singular role in the history of salvation and the life of the Christian people. [60]" https://www.piercedhearts.org/heart...ry/mystery_coredemptrix_papal_magisterium.htm

Our Lady most certainly is Co-Redemptrix, and many Saints and Mystics have told us the Church will define this one day. If Pope Francis won't, then a future Pontiff will.
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
[-] The following 5 users Like XavierSem's post:
  • Augustinian, dahveed, josh987654321, jovan66102, MiserereMeiDeus
Perhaps I may be one of the odd ones out on here, but I think that as long as we understand Mary's role in salvation, we don't need to apply numerous titles to her to make it known. It can get to the point that instead of viewing her as our Blessed Mother, she becomes a showpiece to apply theological names and titles. In all honesty, granting this title to her would not make me view Mary any differently. Will this application of a new title help anyone live the Gospel differently?
[-] The following 2 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • divinesilence80, formerbuddhist
The doctrine is closely linked to Our Lady of Sorrows and Her Dolors at the foot of the Cross, when, the prophesied Sword of Sorrow piercing Her most holy soul and Immaculate and Sorrowful Heart, in great pains, She became the Mother of St. John and of us in the order of Grace. Her suffering as Queen of Martyrs exceeded that of all martyrs except Christ.

Recall the Stabat Mater Dolorosa: 

http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/BVM/SMDolorosa.html

"STABAT Mater dolorosa
iuxta Crucem lacrimosa,
dum pendebat Filius.   

AT, the Cross her station keeping,
stood the mournful Mother weeping,
close to Jesus to the last."

St. Irenaeus: "In accordance with this design, Mary the Virgin is found obedient, saying, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to your word. Luke 1:38 But Eve was disobedient ... having become disobedient, was made the cause of death, both to herself and to the entire human race; so also did Mary, having a man betrothed [to her], and being nevertheless a virgin, by yielding obedience, become the cause of salvation, both to herself and the whole human race." http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103322.htm

St. Damascene: "THERE is no one in existence who is able to praise worthily the holy death of God's Mother, even if he should have a thousand tongues and a thousand mouths. Not if all the most eloquent tongues could be united would their praises be sufficient. She is greater than all praise. Since, however, God is pleased with the efforts of a loving zeal, and the Mother of God with what concerns the service of her Son, suffer me now to revert again to her praises ... Then followed a strife of praise, not as if each was seeking to outdo the other ... as if they would leave nothing undone for the glory of God and the honour of God's Mother.

Then Adam and Eve, our first parents, opened their lips to exclaim, "Thou blessed daughter of ours, who hast removed the penalty of our disobedience! Thou, inheriting from us a mortal body, hast won us immortality. Thou, taking thy being from us, hast given us back the being in grace. Thou hast conquered pain and loosened the bondage of death. Thou hast restored us to our former state. We had shut the door of paradise; thou didst find entrance to the tree of life. Through us sorrow came out of good; through thee good from sorrow. How canst thou who art all fair taste of death ? Thou art the gate of life and the ladder to heaven. Death is [184] become the passage to immortality. O thou e truly blessed one! who that is not the Word could have borne what thou hast borne?"*

All the company of the saints exclaimed, "Thou hast fulfilled our predictions. Thou hast purchased our present joy for us. Through thee we have broken the chains of death. Come to us, divine and life-giving receptacle. Come, our desire, thou who hast gained us our desire." http://www.malankaraworld.com/Library/sh...scus-2.htm

St. Padre Pio: When St. Pio wants to describe the sufferings of Our Lady of Sorrows, he finds a very valid point of reference in his very own suffering, be it moral or physical, a suffering so terrible as to dry up every tear and to petrify him in sorrow (14). For this reason in contemplating Our Lady’s sorrows he can expand his soul and say: “Yes, now I understand, oh Jesus, why in admiring You Your Mother did not weep beneath the Cross” (15), because “by the excess of sorrow, she remained petrified before her crucified Son” (16); and on another page of sublime contemplation touching his own measureless sorrows and those of Our Lady, he exclaims movingly: “Now I seem to be penetrating what was the martyrdom of our most beloved Mother (…). Oh, if all people would but penetrate this martyrdom! Who could succeed in suffering with this, yes, our dear Coredemptrix? Who would refuse her the good title of Queen of Martyrs?” (17) https://www.piercedhearts.org/hearts_jes...nelli.html
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
[-] The following 4 users Like XavierSem's post:
  • Augustinian, josh987654321, jovan66102, MiserereMeiDeus
(12-17-2019, 09:18 PM)XavierSem Wrote: The doctrine is closely linked to Our Lady of Sorrows and Her Dolors at the foot of the Cross, when, the prophesied Sword of Sorrow piercing Her most holy soul and Immaculate and Sorrowful Heart, in great pains, She became the Mother of St. John and of us in the order of Grace. Her suffering as Queen of Martyrs exceeded that of all martyrs except Christ.

There's also an in-depth private revelation of this connection to be found in Ven. Mary of Agreda's excellent Mystical City of God, book 3 in particular, which describes how Our Lady was mystically united to Christ during His Passion so that she experienced the spiritual pains of His suffering.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • josh987654321, XavierSem
(12-17-2019, 07:21 PM)LionHippo Wrote: Perhaps I may be one of the odd ones out on here, but I think that as long as we understand Mary's role in salvation, we don't need to apply numerous titles to her to make it known. It can get to the point that instead of viewing her as our Blessed Mother, she becomes a showpiece to apply theological names and titles. In all honesty, granting this title to her would not make me view Mary any differently. Will this application of a new title help anyone live the Gospel differently?

In all honesty this is entirely irrelevant, the only consideration should be whether it is true or not, and XavierSem points out with their quotes and we can deduce from reason, that it is indeed true! If it's true it must be done and will bring forth good fruit.

The height of foolishness is to liken the Blessed Virgin Mary (before, during and after the birth of Christ), Mother of God, Our Mother, Queen of Queens, answer to Eve just as Christ is to Adam, born without original sin and assumed into heaven; as just one among the disciples.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
[-] The following 3 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • jovan66102, MiserereMeiDeus, XavierSem
Another video on Mary as co-redemptrix

[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • XavierSem
(12-17-2019, 09:56 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 09:18 PM)XavierSem Wrote: The doctrine is closely linked to Our Lady of Sorrows and Her Dolors at the foot of the Cross, when, the prophesied Sword of Sorrow piercing Her most holy soul and Immaculate and Sorrowful Heart, in great pains, She became the Mother of St. John and of us in the order of Grace. Her suffering as Queen of Martyrs exceeded that of all martyrs except Christ.

There's also an in-depth private revelation of this connection to be found in Ven. Mary of Agreda's excellent Mystical City of God, book 3 in particular, which describes how Our Lady was mystically united to Christ during His Passion so that she experienced the spiritual pains of His suffering.

Hi Augustinian. Yes indeed! Ven. Mary of Agreda's Mystical City of God is excellent and bears witness to what the Saints call the Co-Passion of Mary Our Lady and Co-Redemptrix with the Passion of Christ Our Lord and Redeemer. The very title of MCG mentions: "Mystical City of God, the miracle of His omnipotence and the abyss of His grace the divine history and life of the Virgin Mother of God our Queen and our Lady, most holy Mary Expiatrix [another word for Co-Redemptrix] of the fault of eve and mediatrix of grace. Manifested to Sister Mary of Jesus, Prioress of the convent of the Immaculate Conception in Agreda, Spain. For new enlightenment of the world, for rejoicing of the Catholic Church, and encouragement of men. Completed in 1665." https://www.ecatholic2000.com/agreda/mys...city.shtml

Our Lady also told St. Bridget, contrasting Her Son and Herself, with Adam and Eve: "3 This is why, when I gave birth to him, I felt as though half my heart was being born and going out of me. When he was suffering, it felt like my own heart was suffering. 4 When something is half outside and half inside and the part outside gets hurt, the part inside feels a similar pain. In the same way, when my Son was being scourged and wounded, it was as though my own heart was being scourged and wounded. 5 I was the person closest to him at his passion and was never separated from him. I was standing near his cross and, as that which is closest to the heart hurts the worst, so his pain was worse for me than for the others. 6 As he gazed down at me from the cross and I gazed at him, my tears gushed from my eyes like blood from veins. When he saw me overwhelmed by pain, he grew so distressed over my pain that all the pain of his own wounds subsided when he saw the pain in me. 7 I can therefore boldly say that his pain was my pain and his heart my heart. Just as Adam and Eve sold the world for a single apple, you might say that my Son and I bought the world back with a single heart. And so, my daughter, think of me as I was at the death of my Son, and it will not be hard for you to give up the world."

St. Alphonsus finally, on the Dolors of Mary, from the Glories of Mary: if Mary's lips were silent, her heart was not so, for she incessantly offered the life of her Son to the Divine Justice for our salvation. Therefore we know that by the merits of her dolours she cooperated in our birth to the life of grace; and hence we are the children of her sorrows. "Christ," says Lanspergius, "was pleased that she, the cooperatress in our redemption, and whom He had determined to give us for our Mother, should be there present; for it was at the foot of the cross that she was to bring us, her children, forth." If any consolation entered that sea of bitterness, the heart of Mary, the only one was this, that she knew that by her sorrows she was leading us to eternal salvation, as Jesus Himself revealed to Saint Bridget: "My Mother Mary, on account of her compassion and love, was made the Mother of all in heaven and on earth." And indeed these were the last words with which Jesus bid her farewell before His death: this was His last recommendation, leaving us to her for her children in the person of Saint John: "Woman, behold thy son." From that time Mary began to perform this good office of a Mother for us; for Saint Peter Damian attests, "that by the prayers of Mary, who stood between the cross of the good thief and that of her Son, the thief was converted and saved, and thereby she repaid a former service. For, as other authors also relate, this thief had been kind to Jesus and Mary on their journey to Egypt; and this same office the Blessed Virgin has ever continued, and still continues, to perform." https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library...-mary-5159

[-] The following 2 users Like XavierSem's post:
  • Augustinian, MiserereMeiDeus