On FishEaters "begging" again
(01-24-2020, 07:54 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 07:19 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 07:01 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: It might not cost anything more, so no worries. At least not yet. I mean, I definitely need more monthly subscribers, but there's no need to panic yet about costs of moving. I'm not even *sure* we have to move; I still don't know what happened to knock the site out -- not sure if it was a server issue or a denial of service attack or something else.
Can I support you via a cc donation apart from a monthly fixed amount? I tried to figure this out. With one method I could join a patron group but that means another log-in, mailing-list, inbox etc and I am trying to reduce my "profile" by contrast on the web. Thanks for all you and your confreres and consoeurs (Gallic-Latinate new word of the day) do for we "exiled children of Eve"

What's a "cc donation"? Ya lost me...

Most who give do so through PayPal, which (assuming you have a PayPal account) doesn't involve any additional log-ins or mailing lists and such. Giving through PayPal can be done monthly by subscribing, or it can be done as a one-time thing. This page has all the info needed to do either, and also lists other ways to donate (e.g., through Patreon, by check, by bank-to-bank transfers from Wells Fargo Bank or Chase Bank, etc.): https://www.fisheaters.com/donations/donate.html

Thanks for even considering helping, Fionnchu.
I think you answered me, Vox! I forgot to add "cc=credit card" and that I do not have a PayPal account (my wife nixed ours a while ago for reasons of her own), and I did not want to join Patreon. I understood the check/transfer methods on the site. So it looks as if the only "non-monthly" way is by those options, not in the Gold/Red/Blue Fish drop-downs.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)