A Handmade Rosary
It’s been a couple years since I’ve made gemstone rosaries but decided to gift myself with one for Christmas-‘cause no one else cares.

The Hail Mary beads are 6mm variety of Jasper (idiotic “trade name” is something like “African Turquoise”) and the Our Father beads are mahogany-colored Obsidian. Includes medals of 2 of my more favorite Saints (St. John of the Cross and St. Catherine of Siena) and the cross is the “Pardon” crucifix. 

May its beauty bring joy to whoever. Merry Christmas to myself and others, or whatever.

[-] The following 10 users Like Sequentia's post:
  • algts, Augustinian, Birdie, Blind Horus, Jeeter, jovan66102, MaryTN, SeeTheLight, Teresa Agrorum, VoxClamantis
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
Very nice work.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, or sumpin’.  :)
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Beautiful! Merry Christmas.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
(12-24-2019, 05:24 PM)Sequentia Wrote: It’s been a couple years since I’ve made gemstone rosaries but decided to gift myself with one for Christmas-‘cause no one else cares.

The Hail Mary beads are 6mm variety of Jasper (idiotic “trade name” is something like “African Turquoise”) and the Our Father beads are mahogany-colored Obsidian. Includes medals of 2 of my more favorite Saints (St. John of the Cross and St. Catherine of Siena) and the cross is the “Pardon” crucifix. 

May its beauty bring joy to whoever. Merry Christmas to myself and others, or whatever.
Very nice.  Good detail work.
I saw the title of this thread again, but read it this time as "Handmaid Rosary." All I could think of was those stupid white bonnets interspersed by large, red beads.

[Image: FB_the_handmaids_tale_1.jpg]
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Augustinian
I made a rosary too, recently. Huge wooden beads, with an elongated bead for the crucifix, “wrapped” with a long strand of yarn. I’m planning to restring it on some thick cord, but yarn was all I had in the hospital, and I was super lucky to get that, since ordinarily we’re not supposed to have any string. The yarn is really pretty though, and I’m going to hang the rosary on my wall (it’s that big!).
(12-30-2019, 09:53 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: I saw the title of this thread again, but read it this time as "Handmaid Rosary." All I could think of was those stupid white bonnets interspersed by large, red beads.

[Image: FB_the_handmaids_tale_1.jpg]
I mean, to be fair, Marianism is the original feminism
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4