suicide...
I attempted it almost 6 years ago now and have had very strong temptations to try it again that I've been battling recently. Is there any one that is a good person here to talk to about this?

PM me. Thanks and pray for me too.
(12-25-2019, 01:10 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: I attempted it almost 6 years ago now and have had very strong temptations to try it again that I've been battling recently. Is there any one that is a good person here to talk to about this?

PM me. Thanks and pray for me too.

If you are thinking about harming yourself in anyway, you need to admit yourself to the nearest hospital emergency room...especially if you have a history of it and/or mental illness. Please, as someone who has struggled with this, go and get yourself the help mate.

Going to the E.R. means that you can get further help and referred to a psychiatrist. Don’t let some fools online anywhere-especially other Catholics-dissuade you from seeking mental health treatment. They are quite honestly, ignorant and don’t know how those with mental illness/behavior disorders suffer and are stigmatized because of it.

No one “here” on the internet (or FE) is qualified to give you medical advice or treatment...*YOU* and only you can be the one to take that step. Please do not try to harm yourself in anyway. If you are thinking about doing so, please again, get yourself to the nearest emergency room or in-patient services at a mental health facility.
[-] The following 5 users Like Sequentia's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Fionnchu, ServusDei, Steven
I totally agree with Sequentia. If you feel like you may harm yourself, go to the hospital. You will get the help you need, and you can even ask them to have a priest come visit you. It can be a great relief to be somewhere safe when the temptation is strong.
Please call a suicide hotline or go to the emergency room.

Suicide hotline number:  800-273-8255
Prayed for you, now go get help
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'And he shall be as a tree that is planted by the waters, that spreadeth out its roots towards moisture: and it shall not fear when the heat cometh.' - Jeremias 17:8
Agree with everybody else. Get help! Prayed and will be praying for you.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I literally just struggled with this last week. Got out of the hospital on Christmas Eve. That first step was hard, but getting help probably saved my life. Go to the ER. There's no shame in it, it's just like going for any other condition: you desperately need help, just like if you were having a heart attack. Please, please go.
[-] The following 3 users Like Birdie's post:
  • jovan66102, SeeTheLight, Teresa Agrorum
(12-25-2019, 01:10 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: I attempted it almost 6 years ago now and have had very strong temptations to try it again that I've been battling recently.

Are you able to share why?

(12-25-2019, 01:10 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: Is there any one that is a good person here to talk to about this?

I don't know how much is chemical or whatever, but I do know it is absolutely spiritual too and even if there is a chemical or other aspect to it, that can never take away our free will which is still under our control, you must know that suicide, no matter how tempted, is and can never be an option, we like to say we can't know for sure what happens to loved ones who have committed suicide, but really we do know for it is a damnable offense, you must know this too to know no matter how badly you may be tempted, suicide is not only not an option, but there is also no light at the end of that tunnel on the other side, it is NOT an escape or way out.

Say "Begone Satan" for depressive thoughts are temptations from the devil. Don't dwell on those thoughts or feed into them. Recognize your under attack and put your armor on. Meditate on Jesus' agony in the Garden of Gethsemane. The saints and others before us also suffered depressive thoughts and didn't have access to drugs or psychologists, know that this is a spiritual battle too.

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with this.  While the above advice is good and sound, be cautious with the direction toward help you decide to take.  PLEASE do your best to stay within the bounds of the Church i.e. medical care, therapy, counselling, etc.

I will include you in my prayers..

God Bless..
[-] The following 1 user Likes capmchuck's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
Quote:PLEASE do your best to stay within the bounds of the Church i.e. medical care, therapy, counselling, etc.
I assume most therapy and counseling is purely secular. The only therapy I can think of that would fall outside the bounds of the Church would be specifically anti-Catholic. And that would probably be pretty rare.