The Catholic Church is Wrong about Gay People
It's [current year] people! It's time for the church to get W O K E! Temptations are a thing of the past. People being tempted are just a lifestyle choice maaaaaan. I will now live the rest of my life as an identified non-practicing murderer. Trust me, the urges suck and it is my cross to bear, but I was just born this way. God made me a murderer. Don't even try to convince me other wise.

Now excuse me, I'm going to go hang out with Herbert the self identified but non-practicing pedophile.
Vivat Jesu Rex!
Ave Maria!
Da pacem, Domine. In diebus nostris.

https://8kun.top/christian/index.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarmeliteKnight's post:
  • antiquarian
I'm not surprised by the author's reasoning.  It is pretty standard fare in leftist circles.  They tend to view themselves as "progressive" (which they aren't) and this means that criticizing something as old or outdated is, in their feeble reasoning abilities, a potent criticism.  What bothers me, though, is that this type of thinking now has precedent to cite: Pope Francis's attempted change to the Church's doctrine on the death penalty.  The death penalty is clearly permitted in multiple passages of the Scriptures and the Church has consistently taught, from the very beginning, that it is morally permissible for the state to use the death penalty in some cases.  Fast forward to the present day and Pope Francis is amending the Catechism of the Catholic Church to say some diatribe about "increasing awareness that the dignity of the person..." and "a new understanding has emerged" so that the death penalty is actually wrong, after all.  So, if that is the case with the death penalty, the leftist might argue, why not with same-sex relationships?  It is clearly condemned by the Scriptures and has been consistently condemned down through the ages by the Church.  But today, we have a growing awareness of human dignity and a new "scientific" understanding of homosexuality has emerged so that a consensus now exists that blah, blah, blah.  Pope Francis has, I really believe, made a major mess of things with that revision to the Catechism, in addition to the other muddled, watered down, near-heretical teachings he's prone to issuing.  God help us, for our shepherds have gone mad and are now tending to the wolves that seek to destroy our immortal souls.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • antiquarian, VoxClamantis
(12-31-2019, 03:30 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I'm not surprised by the author's reasoning.  It is pretty standard fare in leftist circles.  They tend to view themselves as "progressive" (which they aren't) and this means that criticizing something as old or outdated is, in their feeble reasoning abilities, a potent criticism.  What bothers me, though, is that this type of thinking now has precedent to cite: Pope Francis's attempted change to the Church's doctrine on the death penalty.  The death penalty is clearly permitted in multiple passages of the Scriptures and the Church has consistently taught, from the very beginning, that it is morally permissible for the state to use the death penalty in some cases.  Fast forward to the present day and Pope Francis is amending the Catechism of the Catholic Church to say some diatribe about "increasing awareness that the dignity of the person..." and "a new understanding has emerged" so that the death penalty is actually wrong, after all.  So, if that is the case with the death penalty, the leftist might argue, why not with same-sex relationships?  

I'm pretty sure that's already planned as the next step. Leftists are already trying to argue in other forums that Sodom and Gomorrah were really destroyed because of their violations of hospitality.