I’m in Japan, are you?
I’m slowly trying to work my way back into the Church after decades away, but I live in Japan now. Is there anyone here who’s done something similar?
(12-30-2019, 08:29 PM)Chrima Wrote: I’m slowly trying to work my way back into the Church after decades away, but I live in Japan now. Is there anyone here who’s done something similar?
In Yokosuka...

good decision - Jesus waiting with open arms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corpsman's post:
  • Chrima
My situation is not similar to yours, but I just wanted to say welcome to the tank! I will remember you in my prayers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • Chrima
(12-30-2019, 08:29 PM)Chrima Wrote: I’m slowly trying to work my way back into the Church after decades away, but I live in Japan now. Is there anyone here who’s done something similar?
I’m in Kyoto. Two yrs ago a miracle brought me back to the Church after 40 years away. I wrote about it here: 
https://lapsedcatholicreturns.wordpress....ic-church/
[-] The following 2 users Like Julia Augusta's post:
  • Chrima, Teresa Agrorum
(12-31-2019, 12:17 PM)Julia Augusta Wrote:
I’m in Kyoto. Two yrs ago a miracle brought me back to the Church after 40 years away. I wrote about it here: 
https://lapsedcatholicreturns.wordpress....ic-church/
The Catechism of Saint Pius X is awesome.  Such a gem.  I am also attached to the Rosary.  Hope you had a great new year and God Bless
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corpsman's post:
  • Chrima
Chrima Wrote:I’m slowly trying to work my way back into the Church after decades away, but I live in Japan now. Is there anyone here who’s done something similar?
I realize that this is a rather old post, but I'm in Japan (northern Kanto region), as well. I didn't revert while in Japan, but I did so just a few years ago and shortly before I arrived here. Surprisingly, it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be to practice the faith and go to church. Many towns and cities in Japan have at least a small Catholic church, way more than I anticipated.

I've found worshipping here to be an even more enjoyable experience for the most part than the average NO mass in America. The average Japanese mass tends to be more solemn and reverent with more traditional hymns played on an organ. Much better than the guitar strumming and warbling that's the standard back home. Sadly, as with everyone everywhere, I haven't been able to go to church for months now on account of the quarantine. I hope it is lifted soon.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well in Japan and back in the Church. Welcome back and God bless you!

Edit: typo
Omnia et in omnibus Christus