Incredible number of attacks on Churches in Europe
(01-03-2020, 11:57 AM)Eric F Wrote: In countries like France, Germany, Belgium, and the UK, those attacking churches are often Islamists. In Spain, as well as in places in Latin America, like Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, and Mexico, the vandals are typically anarchists, radical feminists, and militant homosexuals, who see the Catholic Church as a Patriarchy they must destroy in order to create a totally inclusive society.
Eric, I recently asked about this re: Chile in that ongoing thread you started last November about desecration there. I am curious if they might be fueled, if not kindled, by the meltdown in that episcopate over malfeasance and abuses.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
(01-03-2020, 04:33 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 11:57 AM)Eric F Wrote: In countries like France, Germany, Belgium, and the UK, those attacking churches are often Islamists. In Spain, as well as in places in Latin America, like Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, and Mexico, the vandals are typically anarchists, radical feminists, and militant homosexuals, who see the Catholic Church as a Patriarchy they must destroy in order to create a totally inclusive society.
Eric, I recently asked about this re: Chile in that ongoing thread you started last November about desecration there. I am curious if they might be fueled, if not kindled, by the meltdown in that episcopate over malfeasance and abuses.

I don't believe that's the reason at all. The rioters are just hell bent on destruction, and they harbor a special hatred for the Catholic Church because they believe it promotes sexism and homophobia. The Anarchists behind the countless firebombings are so extreme, that at least one Chilean minister believes they've set forest fires that destroyed around 200 homes in Valparaiso. The destruction has been so bad in some areas that business is way down, because shops and stores have been wrecked.
(01-02-2020, 05:23 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:  I think that the "beast system" is being put into place and we are getting closer to global government and an all pervasive surveillance system that will render resistance utterly futile for those not tech savvy enough to undermine it and fly under the radar.  Just check out China's "Social Credit" system.  It's coming everywhere, and most people WILL go along to get along, including bishops and priests of ALL the churches.  The most sinister thing about social credit and cameras everywhere is that it socially engineers people to conform.  That's the beast system, and it'll have no room for God at all.  

I think things are going to get far worse in the west then we can even imagine in the coming decades, and that we should look to Eurasia as perhaps our one hope outside of Christ for any place to stand against whatever may come.  

We should support any leader or bishop, East or West that wants to turn back the tide. 

(01-02-2020, 09:29 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: The future is Eurasia. Eastern Europe and Asia are where the center of power and influence is shifting. We can choose either Russia or China as the new model ruling society and for all its flaws I think Russia is better than godless China. 

I disagree about a pope of course but perhaps an emperor can turn things around for what's left of Christian culture, but I believe it'll have to be from Eurasia since there's little indication there's any unity or fight left in the West aside from in the hearts and minds of a few people and groups who have ZERO support from their churches official leaders or their societies governing authorities. 

Honestly I don't think the unwashed herd would care even if they did know. They need to be prodded into action.   The masses have always been dumb sheep that go along to get along.  It sounds elitist and perhaps it is but my reading of history has not proven otherwise.  People will do what they are told or what benefits them and their family's.  If there's a strong Christian leader that leads by example and makes the culture follow Christian rules than the masses will go along to get along.

Your dark visions here are appreciated formerbuddhist, even if perhaps I would allow more for the unexpected - Divine Intervention, miracles, more resilience in the West than we might expect.

My recent return trips to France after eight years away led me to see things there - good things! - that I would NEVER have expected when I lived there.

I stress that this means no disrespect for your insight here. I value it.

And more and more my mind turns to Putin's Russia (also Western Slav nations like Poland). I wish I knew an easy way to get through all the miinefields of misinformation, without learning Russia and going there. 

Still, although I'm exceedingly unlikely to learn the language, I do keep dreaming of visiting one day ...
Click to see at Amazon
[Image: charles-coulombe-120h.png]

Hear the FIRST CHAPTER on my YouTube Channel:

See my Three Books here at Amazon: viewauthor.at/RogerBuck
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Buck's post:
  • Fionnchu
(01-08-2020, 09:33 AM)Roger Buck Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 05:23 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:  I think that the "beast system" is being put into place and we are getting closer to global government and an all pervasive surveillance system that will render resistance utterly futile for those not tech savvy enough to undermine it and fly under the radar.  Just check out China's "Social Credit" system.  It's coming everywhere, and most people WILL go along to get along, including bishops and priests of ALL the churches.  The most sinister thing about social credit and cameras everywhere is that it socially engineers people to conform.  That's the beast system, and it'll have no room for God at all.  

I think things are going to get far worse in the west then we can even imagine in the coming decades, and that we should look to Eurasia as perhaps our one hope outside of Christ for any place to stand against whatever may come.  

We should support any leader or bishop, East or West that wants to turn back the tide. 

(01-02-2020, 09:29 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: The future is Eurasia. Eastern Europe and Asia are where the center of power and influence is shifting. We can choose either Russia or China as the new model ruling society and for all its flaws I think Russia is better than godless China. 

I disagree about a pope of course but perhaps an emperor can turn things around for what's left of Christian culture, but I believe it'll have to be from Eurasia since there's little indication there's any unity or fight left in the West aside from in the hearts and minds of a few people and groups who have ZERO support from their churches official leaders or their societies governing authorities. 

Honestly I don't think the unwashed herd would care even if they did know. They need to be prodded into action.   The masses have always been dumb sheep that go along to get along.  It sounds elitist and perhaps it is but my reading of history has not proven otherwise.  People will do what they are told or what benefits them and their family's.  If there's a strong Christian leader that leads by example and makes the culture follow Christian rules than the masses will go along to get along.

Your dark visions here are appreciated formerbuddhist, even if perhaps I would allow more for the unexpected - Divine Intervention, miracles, more resilience in the West than we might expect.

My recent return trips to France after eight years away led me to see things there - good things! - that I would NEVER have expected when I lived there.

I stress that this means no disrespect for your insight here. I value it.

And more and more my mind turns to Putin's Russia (also Western Slav nations like Poland). I wish I knew an easy way to get through all the miinefields of misinformation, without learning Russia and going there. 

Still, although I'm exceedingly unlikely to learn the language, I do keep dreaming of visiting one day ...
I appreciate your insights Roger.  Please let us know what you've noticed in France, as I only know one priest there (Father Chadwick, who is not an RC) and only from online correspondence.  I am genuinely curious.  

I've been working pretty hard to learn some Russian.  Once you get the alphabet it's less difficult than it looks.  

I'm only a dark visions kind of guy based on my own life experiences, temperament and reading of history.  Trust me I'd love if my visions were not right.  It's a lonely path to tread where you don't generally see many silver linings.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(01-08-2020, 02:33 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:

I appreciate your insights Roger.  Please let us know what you've noticed in France, as I only know one priest there (Father Chadwick, who is not an RC) and only from online correspondence.  I am genuinely curious.  

I've been working pretty hard to learn some Russian.  Once you get the alphabet it's less difficult than it looks.  

I'm only a dark visions kind of guy based on my own life experiences, temperament and reading of history.  Trust me I'd love if my visions were not right.  It's a lonely path to tread where you don't generally see many silver linings.

Interesting, formerbuddhist. And I will be interested to hear any more from you on Russia. 

Very briefly now on France.

Many people have been commenting snidely there on the rise of "Zombie Catholicism" ... i.e. Catholics back from the dead.

I was VERY sceptical at first, but having spent about 5 months in France - in a camper van! - I have moved beyond that scepticism.

Even whilst Catholicism remains devastated in France, it HAS dramatically returned to the public square, where I am hearing things unthinkable 10- 11 years ago when I lived there.

Back then president Sarkozy created an uproar for ... shock, horror ... being caught on camera blessing himself from a holy water font.

Now mainstream politicians are going _much_ further. And the mainstream magazines/media are taking note.

One can argue it's all lip service by the politicians - but even though it is in most cases, they are daring to do these things for a reason: there IS some kind of resurgence of "Zombie Catholicism" out there.

There is a thread about this somewhere. If I can find the time, I'd like to re-activate it and comment more there.

Meanwhile, I will "shamelessly plug" myself yet again and paste in this video about my recent travels to France in a camper van. The first 20 minutes or so are more Marian and devotional, but it becomes increasingly socio-political after that.

Though if I recall correctly there's not much, if anything, about "Zombie Catholicism". I need to find time for another video about that.

Click to see at Amazon
[Image: charles-coulombe-120h.png]

Hear the FIRST CHAPTER on my YouTube Channel:

See my Three Books here at Amazon: viewauthor.at/RogerBuck
[-] The following 2 users Like Roger Buck's post:
  • Fionnchu, formerbuddhist
(01-11-2020, 06:01 AM)Roger Buck Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 02:33 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:

Interesting, formerbuddhist. And I will be interested to hear any more from you on Russia. 

Very briefly now on France.

Many people have been commenting snidely there on the rise of "Zombie Catholicism" ... i.e. Catholics back from the dead.

I was VERY sceptical at first, but having spent about 5 months in France - in a camper van! - I have moved beyond that scepticism.

Even whilst Catholicism remains devastated in France, it HAS dramatically returned to the public square, where I am hearing things unthinkable 10- 11 years ago when I lived there.

Back then president Sarkozy created an uproar for ... shock, horror ... being caught on camera blessing himself from a holy water font.

Now mainstream politicians are going _much_ further. And the mainstream magazines/media are taking note.

One can argue it's all lip service by the politicians - but even though it is in most cases, they are daring to do these things for a reason: there IS some kind of resurgence of "Zombie Catholicism" out there.

There is a thread about this somewhere. If I can find the time, I'd like to re-activate it and comment more there.

Meanwhile, I will "shamelessly plug" myself yet again and paste in this video about my recent travels to France in a camper van. The first 20 minutes or so are more Marian and devotional, but it becomes increasingly socio-political after that.

Though if I recall correctly there's not much, if anything, about "Zombie Catholicism". I need to find time for another video about that.

Very interesting stuff Roger, especially since you've been on the ground in France and witnessed some of this yourself.  Would you say this is mostly a grassroots, laymen led affair?

One reason I remain somewhat pessimistic in outlook regarding the RCC is that in its official ecclesiology it is overwhelmingly a "top down" centralized institution with no real court of appeals.  The degradation in the Western Church has been under the aegis of (and often orchestrated by)  the papacy itself, and the majority of the world's hierarchs, and for close to 70 or 80 years at that.  While there may be networks of laymen and renegade groups (SSPX,sede groups, rad trad laymen,a handful of monasteries and parishes in perilous levels of "official" communion)  none of those trump the official papacy, hierarchy or destructive teachings and directives of those with real power and authority in the RCC who have been undermining its own patrimony and deconstructing it for a century (or longer per Michael Hoffman's analysis in Occult Renaissance Church). 

I'm certainly sympathetic to these groups you mention, but more as an outsider who loves the underdog and who actually has an appreciation for all that was good, noble and true within the Western Christian Patrimony.  

Please keep us updated.  You're doing what a lot of others aren't, and even a few of us outsiders are appreciative.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Fionnchu