Do we have to listen to the Pope?
(01-05-2020, 10:32 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Francis is the worst. The very worst of the worst. About as bad as it gets. [<-THIS!!!] His globalist attitudes, his treatment of the Chinese Catholics, his laxity toward sin, his attempts to redefine the Church's teachings on capital punishment, his nastiness, his rancor toward orthodox Catholics -- there's a long list of what's wrong with him. But he's not God; he's the Pope (at least that's the assumption), and he's only infallible in certain very limited circumstances. If some future Pope declares him to be a heretic, that's up to that Pope, not us. And so be it.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that were to happen. But, as said, that's not up to us to decide, and we don't have to try to figure it all out. Our job is to save our souls and the souls of people around us.

If Francis negatively affects your faith, ignore him as much as possible, and know that our medieval ancestors didn't have 24/7 access to papal opinions and asides. If he's not solemnly defining something, pretend he doesn't exist except to pray for him. (for me, he doesn't negatively affect my faith; he just annoys and ticks me off to no end and makes me sad).

Stay close to Christ and the Sacraments. Read old catechisms. Have a decent prayer life. Read orthodox spiritual works. Have hobbies and interests. Focus on others, on service. Know that we will follow Christ in His Passion (and His Resurrection), so no rose gardens were promised in this "vale of tears," and it's OK. Chill in knowing that we do have Christ's promise that the gates of Hell will NOT prevail.
As for me, well she said it best!!!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Zedta - 01-06-2020, 07:39 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by jack89 - 01-07-2020, 10:20 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-07-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by jack89 - 01-07-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-08-2020, 12:33 AM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-08-2020, 02:11 AM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-08-2020, 03:25 AM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-09-2020, 12:39 AM