Do we have to listen to the Pope?
(01-08-2020, 06:19 PM)Missbeliever Wrote: I don't see how someone who is not Christian can be head of Jesus' Church?
I'm sorry to be so dense, but I just can't follow this line of thinking. It seems like it is pretty clear to you, but I am so confused. Does anyone find this terribly confusing?

Which is why there are sedevacantists and benevacantists. God will come to the aid of His Church and will get this mess cleared up. For practically a century Catholics did not know who was the real Pope at one time. There was a Pope in France, and one in Rome; there was at one point a second Pope in Rome, so three popes at one time. Still, despite all this confusion God's Will prevailed and we received clarification on the matter via the Council of Constance.

Remember that at that time there were saints who believed in either pope/anti-pope. They made their decisions but what was most important above all was that they carried out their salvation with fear and trembling and that they trusted in God's Will for His Church. They stayed closed to the Church and received the sanctifying grace through the Sacraments.

So I know that this doesn't answer your question, but since your faith is struggling, and this question is bothering, I hope you get some sort of consolation from it.

We all on here have taken our own personal views regarding this papacy, but look at the beauty in spite of this tragic confusion.
Benevacantists/sedevacantists/recognize&resist/faithful conservative NO Catholics...we all still hold true to moral teachings of the Church. You would get the same answer from any of these groups when you question them about the dogma of the Immaculate Conception, the belief in the True Presence in the Eucharist, the importance of praying the Holy Rosary of the Most Blessed Virgin Mother.

Hold strong, GOD IS AT WORK and He writes straight with crooked lines.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • jovan66102, Sacred Heart lover

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Zedta - 01-06-2020, 07:39 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by jack89 - 01-07-2020, 10:20 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-07-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by jack89 - 01-07-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-08-2020, 12:33 AM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-08-2020, 02:11 AM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-08-2020, 03:25 AM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by austenbosten - 01-08-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Do we have to listen to the Pope? - by Paul - 01-09-2020, 12:39 AM