Please pray for me in my recent diagnosis.
Dear Fellow Catholics,

Please pray for me. I was diagnosed with an Ehlers-Danos spectrum disorder this past week after suffering in pain and uncertainty for the year following the birth of our second daughter and much fruitless diagnostic inquiry. I am trying to be brave in the face of this degenerative disorder, which essentially means my body has a problem with collagen synthesis/holding together. Additionally, our family is sad because we acquired a poodle puppy over Christmastime for our family, but it looks like we will have to give him away because my condition caused me to develop an allergic sensitivity to dogs. Please pray for me to suffer cheerfully and to serenely accept what is in God's permissive will, or to discern what is in his direct will in this situation. And I suppose to pray for a miraculous resolution of my symptoms wouldn’t hurt either. Wink I've taken care of animals all my life, and it's always been an earthly dream of mine to own a wonderfully bred dog like this and to share that joy with my children. Have mercy on me for being sentimental. I am a bit heartsick over all of this. 

In Christ,

Momarchist
Momarchist, my heart goes out to you and I would feel sick, too, at the thought of giving up that beautiful puppy. This is indeed a challenging diagnosis. Yes, I'll pray for you! Please considering offering your griefs and sufferings for our poor Church--you have more to give than most.
I'll add you to my Rosary intentions, Momarchist.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Thank you both for your charity. And thank you Teresa for your encouragement to view my symptoms positively and offer them up for the ailing Church... I have been referring back to what you said often when I am in pain.
The EDS is not going away, but thankfully my dog sensitivity did and our family will not have to go through finding a new home for our puppy. :-) I have been praying for this outcome. God is good.