What YouTube video are you watching?
Enjoying this new-ish Padre Pio channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62YA49...x0w/videos

Part of TFP/UK
Logger interview #16 Aaron Boling " Be Accountable "

Cat 518 Skidder
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
Love him or hate him or just don't really care, Fr Louis had an effect on the 20th Century

On The Road With Thomas Merton

Honorary Beatnik he shaped a generation; That Beat Down Generation, and through his influence the Beat Down became beatific....

"Even mad happy hepcats with all their kicks and chicks and hepcat talk are creatures of God laid out in this infinite universe without knowing what for. And besides, I have never heard more talk about God, the Last Things, and the soul, than among the kids of my generation—and not just the religious or the intellectual kids, but all of them. “What are you searching for?” they asked me. I answered that I was waiting for God to show his face. (Later I got a letter from a 16-year-old girl saying that was exactly what she’d been waiting for too.) " -Jack Kerouac

https://www.shambhala.com/thomas-merton-...y-beatnik/

RIP Lawrence Ferlinghetti the last Beat
Enjoying Dr Cowan's latest conversation.

Gamification. Packaging people as data profiles. It doesn't have to make sense, as long as the larger players agree to play.
Enjoying Padre Pio's ten points for Lent!

Enjoyed this a lot. Feel convicted by it. :redface:

[-] The following 1 user Likes TruthWhichIsChrist's post:
  • Blind Horus
Ed Britt - U.S. Army 1949-81
Winston Churchill Lights Are Going Out Speech 
October 16, 1938

Great line. First said by Edward Grey, 1st Viscount Grey of Fallodon 
++++++++++++++
Grey's memoirs Twenty-Five Years 1892–1916 mention the remark as being made on 3 August 1914:

A friend came to see me on one of the evenings of the last week — he thinks it was on Monday, August 3rd. We were standing at a window of my room in the Foreign Office. It was getting dusk, and the lamps were being lit in the space below on which we were looking. My friend recalls that I remarked on this with the words: "The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our life-time."

Then borrowed by Winston Churchill 
++++++++++++++
The Tweeterati have all been just saying lately that history rhymes (or something suchlike.) Not far wrong