Can someone adopt me as a godchild?
Question 
I knew her husband first. Then I finally was properly introduced to her one day and became quite good friends with her (we're both crazy). I asked her to pray for me one day and so she added me to prayer list with her other godchildren. We're like family (her family and myself) at this point. But I was baptized (Anglican) though still not chrismated (she wants to go to that since she knows the priest who will be doing it). But she tells people of me, "he's my godson, I adopted him."
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
I was baptised as a Methodist. When I was Chrismated, I had two sponsors, a man and a woman, my Kum and Kuma, who are pretty much the same as Godparents.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I'm not sure what you are asking.
Are you asking if someone can consider you their adopted godchild?  Yes.  We can have any relationships and call those relationships pretty much anything we want.  
It is OK, sometimes very very good, to have non-blood related family.
As you are an adult, she cannot actually be your godparent, but she/he can be your sponsor.
(01-13-2020, 12:39 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I was baptised as a Methodist. When I was Chrismated, I had two sponsors, a man and a woman, my Kum and Kuma, who are pretty much the same as Godparents.
Then I'll let her know that she'd better be at my chrismation. And as a sponsor too. Even if the rest of her family cannot.
Then I'll let her know that she'd better be at my chrismation. And as a sponsor too. Even if the rest of her family cannot.

May I wish you early congratulations?

Our granddaughter was chrismated at the age of ten. Afterward she said that God had taken away her fear of death (she has PTSD from an abusive childhood). We were all amazed--the Holy Spirit really does heal through the Sacraments, and even today Confession has a pronounced effect upon her anger and anxiety.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • jovan66102