Crazy church lady :D
Tongue 
Her family and myself have become like family lately. I hate being touched and she knows we that but she put her hand on my shoulder on Saturday as I was leaving. I said to her I didn't mind that because we are like family. She says of course, "you're my godson."

Any way, months ago, just wanted to share this story, I would hold four fingers up and ask people how many chickens I was holding up. She answered with 7, 42, and 300. All wrong so I took off my glasses and gave them to her. She took hers off and actually put my glasses on her face  Big Grin. See? I told you she was crazy but in a good way.
[-] The following 2 users Like newenglandsun's post:
  • jack89, Orthodox Andy
(01-13-2020, 07:46 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: Her family and myself have become like family lately. I hate being touched and she knows we that but she put her hand on my shoulder on Saturday as I was leaving. I said to her I didn't mind that because we are like family. She says of course, "you're my godson."

Any way, months ago, just wanted to share this story, I would hold four fingers up and ask people how many chickens I was holding up. She answered with 7, 42, and 300. All wrong so I took off my glasses and gave them to her. She took hers off and actually put my glasses on her face  Big Grin. See? I told you she was crazy but in a good way.

Older women at church who love to share their motherly love are the best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orthodox Andy's post:
  • MaryTN
(01-13-2020, 08:16 PM)Orthodox Andy Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 07:46 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: Her family and myself have become like family lately. I hate being touched and she knows we that but she put her hand on my shoulder on Saturday as I was leaving. I said to her I didn't mind that because we are like family. She says of course, "you're my godson."

She and her husband have six kids. Their oldest is like a younger sister to me. We frequently stand together in the back of the knave.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Orthodox Andy
(01-13-2020, 08:32 PM)newenglandsun Wrote:

She and her husband have six kids. Their oldest is like a younger sister to me. We frequently stand together in the back of the knave.

Do you mind if I ask roughly how old they are? I'm 24 and my Godparents are in their 40s/early 50s if it makes you feel any better.
(01-13-2020, 08:55 PM)Orthodox Andy Wrote:

Do you mind if I ask roughly how old they are? I'm 24 and my Godparents are in their 40s/early 50s if it makes you feel any better.
To be technical, they aren't my "godparents" as I was baptized as an adult in an Anglican Church. But she added me to a list of her godchildren when I asked her to pray for me. I had been struggling tremendously with work and faith at that time. So she just adopted me as one of her own godchildren then and there. They both are same age and she recently turned 40. She's a little younger than her husband. I'm 27.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Orthodox Andy
(01-13-2020, 09:06 PM)newenglandsun Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 08:55 PM)Orthodox Andy Wrote:

To be technical, they aren't my "godparents" as I was baptized as an adult in an Anglican Church. But she added me to a list of her godchildren when I asked her to pray for me. I had been struggling tremendously with work and faith at that time. So she just adopted me as one of her own godchildren then and there. They both are same age and she recently turned 40. She's a little younger than her husband. I'm 27.

That is very sweet of them! May God be with you, and them. Even though I am not Catholic, I can respect people in their walk to what they believe is the true faith.
(01-13-2020, 09:13 PM)Orthodox Andy Wrote: That is very sweet of them! May God be with you, and them. Even though I am not Catholic, I can respect people in their walk to what they believe is the true faith.
She was putting her head scarf on the other day as she entered the nave with her youngest daughter and I noticed a piece of fuzz on the otherwise beautiful teal scarf. I told her there was a piece of fuzz on it. She took it off temporarily and found the piece of fuzz, took that off, and then put the scarf back on.

I said after vespers that it looked like a rat was growing out of the back of her head and didn't want her to look like that  Shocked . She told me that they can't have a rat growing out either because then they'd have to get a cat but they can't have one because their landlord is allergic.