Stop Ordination of Female Episcopalian "Bishop" at Catholic Church
You can't make this stuff up. Will the NO let a civil same sex marriage ceremony occur in a consecrated building? Probably.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bombero's post:
  • josh987654321, jovan66102
I just saw a post on FB sharing an article from the Catholic Herald (behind a paywall) that the 'consecration' will not be held in a Catholic Church.

Maybe the petition and other outcry did some good.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Article from Catholic News Agency

Catholic parish will not host Episcopalian consecration

But it was the Episcopalians, not the 'Catholic' Bishop that took the the decision.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, Ioannes_L
It's like these people wake up in the morning and say to themselves, "I wonder how I can offend God today?"

Thank God it's no longer happening.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Ioannes_L, josh987654321, jovan66102
Quote:Knestout said that he would be praying for Haynes and the Episcopalians of the Diocese of Southern Virginia, and encouraged the Catholics in his diocese to pray for them as well.

“Pray that the fruits of the Holy Spirit, along with humility, kindness, gentleness and joy, be expressed and strengthened in all our faith communities,” he said.

Pray for their conversion, certainly.

Pray for the continuation and prosperity of their errors... not in a million years.

Quote:“It is with great sadness that I have received a letter from Bishop-Elect Susan Haynes stating that, due to the controversy of the proposed use of St. Bede Catholic Church for her consecration of the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia, she has decided to find another location for the ceremony to take place,” Bishop Barry Knestout of the Catholic Richmond diocese said in a Jan. 17 statement.

With all due respect to his holy office, just he and a couple of other 'progressive and open-minded' Catholics are sad with this decision.
Ite ad Ioseph