Looks like West Virginia may be getting bigger by annexation of parts of Virginia
Looks like West Virginia may be getting bigger. They have, apparently, passed legislation in their state legislature, to 'annex' counties and areas in Virginia.

Yup, looks valid:

Keyboard Warrior

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
More power to 'em. Please rescue me WV from my colonized hostile erstwhile state of residence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Momarchist's post:
  • Zedta
To make it happen, the Virginia legislature has to concur. Unless a majority of counties are seceding and voting their legislators in favor, this is not going to happen.

You know the Totalitarians won't let those counties go.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!

[-] The following 2 users Like BobCatholic's post:
  • antiquarian, Zedta
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Ame...y#Virginia

91 out of 95 counties, 13 out of 38 independent cities, and 24 towns have adopted Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions

If the pro-2A side pushes this, there won't be a state of Virginia anymore. We will wind up having West Virginia assimilating Virginia and return to Revolutionary War statehood.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!

[-] The following 2 users Like BobCatholic's post:
  • newenglandsun, Zedta
(01-18-2020, 12:05 AM)BobCatholic Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Ame...y#Virginia

91 out of 95 counties, 13 out of 38 independent cities, and 24 towns have adopted Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions

If the pro-2A side pushes this, there won't be a state of Virginia anymore.  We will wind up having West Virginia assimilating Virginia and return to Revolutionary War statehood.

The point is sovereignty, right? VA is no longer a sovereign state due to totalitarian meddling and demographic replacement. So the counties secede or whatever remains of Old Virginia perishes under the yoke. I don't have much hope for either option, honestly; my original post was humorous, though I admit it is a serious matter. Thankfully it is all temporal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Momarchist's post:
  • Zedta
BobCatholic Wrote:91 out of 95 counties, 13 out of 38 independent cities, and 24 towns have adopted Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions

If the pro-2A side pushes this, there won't be a state of Virginia anymore.  We will wind up having West Virginia assimilating Virginia and return to Revolutionary War statehood.

Well, Idono, but what happened in June of 1863 that made the people of what is now West Virginia, break away from Virginia, may happen again in Virginia. What is the most, physically, of Virginia are looking like they are at odds with what amounts to a small strip of Virginia along the east coast. That would make a much bigger West Virginia and a tiny, near Rhode Island sized Virginia, left. It would be most appropriate a split, since much of what would be left would deserve to be next to DC, since most of the folks living there would be working in DC anyway.

Interesting.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • antiquarian
(01-17-2020, 11:55 PM)BobCatholic Wrote: To make it happen, the Virginia legislature has to concur.  Unless a majority of counties are seceding and voting their legislators in favor, this is not going to happen.

And the problem is that given the population density in the DC area, the likelihood of a majority of the counties having a majority of the legislators is nil.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(01-20-2020, 06:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 11:55 PM)BobCatholic Wrote: To make it happen, the Virginia legislature has to concur.  Unless a majority of counties are seceding and voting their legislators in favor, this is not going to happen.

And the problem is that given the population density in the DC area, the likelihood of a majority of the counties having a majority of the legislators is nil.

Wikipedia Wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virginia

The United States considered this area to be the western part of the state of Virginia (which was commonly referred as Trans-Allegheny Virginia) from 1776 to 1863, before the formation of West Virginia. Its residents were discontented for years with their position in Virginia, as the government was dominated by the planter elite of the Tidewater and Piedmont areas. The legislature had electoral malapportionment, based on the counting of slaves toward regional populations, and the western white residents were underrepresented in the state legislature. More subsistence and yeoman farmers lived in the west and they were generally less supportive of slavery, although many counties were divided on their support. The residents of this area became more sharply divided after the planter elite of eastern Virginia voted to secede from the Union during the Civil War.

Residents of the western and northern counties set up a separate government under Francis Pierpont in 1861, which they called the Restored Government. Most voted to separate from Virginia, and the new state was admitted to the Union in 1863. In 1864 a state constitutional convention drafted a constitution, which was ratified by the legislature without putting it to popular vote. West Virginia abolished slavery by a gradual process and temporarily disenfranchised men who had held Confederate office or fought for the Confederacy.

It appears that the west/north of old Virginia was at a minority when they split with the east and formed West Virginia. As I posited, history could repeat itself again.
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain
(01-20-2020, 07:22 PM)Zedta Wrote: It appears that the west/north of old Virginia was at a minority when they split with the east and formed West Virginia. As I posited, history could repeat itself again.

And that was during the War Between the States. If war were to break out again, I could see it happening. As long as it remains reasonably peaceful, it ain't gonna happen.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(01-20-2020, 07:48 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: And that was during the War Between the States. If war were to break out again, I could see it happening. As long as it remains reasonably peaceful, it ain't gonna happen.
Perhaps, but its an argument that appears as valid and decisive a thing as slavery and denial of the rural farmers from a voice in their state's governance, could be going on here. This is the minority in a state where it appears second amendment rights are being abridged. It is a priory in equivalence to rights to not be a slave.

It is about a 'human' right to be free of government constraint of constitutional rights.

I see it as rather in common with what, in essence, was what the folks in West Virginia had issue with the majority in the east of Virginia in 1863.
Art Bell

J Edgar Hoover

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain