Guardian Angels
jovan66102,

Education by itself is not enough when it comes to the things of God. Having no education but being holy,  is much better than, having an education without holiness. As we all know, many heretics were educated,  and this education allowed them to convince others to follow them, on the wrong path. 

St Pope JPII had a tailor as his spiritual director.  A spiritual director does not  agree with the one he directs in everything. A spiritual director guides a soul by saying "no" to this and "yes" to that. Think about this: a highly educated saint, and a teacher of over a billion Catholics, following the direction of a tailor.  Being a saint, he knew what is important when it comes to the things of God, and it was not education.

The great saints, Therese of Lisieux, Cure of Ars, Teresa of Avila and Padre Pio were not educated much and yet they teach generations about certain theological matters. No PhD can even dream to know as much about mystical theology, as the not much educated, St Teresa of Avila.
JacafamalaRedux,

Which books are you referring to? 

The book "Introduction to the Science of Mental Health" has a Nihil Obstat and an Imprimatur.
The book "Deliverance Prayer" has an Imprimtur 
The "Auxilium Christianorum" has on the second page  "With Ecclesiastical Approval" and has a date of 2017. 

Thanks.
(01-21-2020, 10:07 PM)KIM.T Wrote: Sorry, cannot discuss any of that. Do you mind me asking you why do you want to know?

Sorry, I can't discuss my reasons ...
(01-21-2020, 10:50 PM)KIM.T Wrote: JacafamalaRedux,

Which books are you referring to? 

The book "Introduction to the Science of Mental Health" has a Nihil Obstat and an Imprimatur.
The book "Deliverance Prayer" has an Imprimtur 
The "Auxilium Christianorum" has on the second page  "With Ecclesiastical Approval" and has a date of 2017. 

Thanks.

The Deliverance Prayers book did not, in it's first edition, have an Imprimatur.

I was also given a later edition, but it fails to print the Imprimatur. If a yet later version has it printed, good, but that does not excuse the failure to obtain it for the first edition as required by Canon Law, or print it in the next edition.

A priest really has no excuses for this except at best, negligence, since he has studied these things and should know them. How do I know? I was studying to be one at a seminary for a traditional order until the later theology year.

Auxilium Christianorum should have the information publicly available, so it can be verified if necessary. Fr Ripperger refuses to share who approved it, again, contrary to the norms of law. If that has changed, I am happy to stand corrected.
Kim,

You have still failed to address a key point made earlier, and one to which I think I deserve a reply.

You have accused me of sin. Specifically, you have accused me of a failure in Charity. You repeated that, so it clearly was not a slip.

How is that acceptable given that you have said we must not judge a person's culpability, or even whether objective actions constitute a sin?

If there is some explanation, please provide it. If not, please apologize.
(01-21-2020, 10:07 PM)KIM.T Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:17 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:07 PM)KIM.T Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: KIM.T

Care to outline your credentials? Magister Musicae was trained in logic, philosophy, theology, and canon law in a Traditional seminary. I'm just curious what your training is.

I am sorry but I cannot divulge any of that. All I can tell you is that I went beyond a master's degree.

In?

Sorry, cannot discuss any of that. Do you mind me asking you why do you want to know?

So, in other words, you have no qualifications whatsoever, and you're just bloviating. OK, got it!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(01-21-2020, 11:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 10:07 PM)KIM.T Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:17 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 09:07 PM)KIM.T Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 07:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: KIM.T

Care to outline your credentials? Magister Musicae was trained in logic, philosophy, theology, and canon law in a Traditional seminary. I'm just curious what your training is.

I am sorry but I cannot divulge any of that. All I can tell you is that I went beyond a master's degree.

In?

Sorry, cannot discuss any of that. Do you mind me asking you why do you want to know?

So, in other words, you have no qualifications whatsoever, and you're just bloviating. OK, got it!

Jovan, you should know better than to judge our visitor!

She claimed to have doctoral-level qualifications, and here you suggest that these are either not relevant or a lie.

Maybe it's just a very wide mental reservation. I mean, everytime I walk by the principal's office, I go beyond, past, and in front of a Doctoral degree. Perhaps that is what was meant.
(01-21-2020, 11:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: So, in other words, you have no qualifications whatsoever, and you're just bloviating. OK, got it!

I do not like to brag but you will know you are wrong if you knew my qualifications. But you can think this of me if that makes you happy.
Since you are a moderator, please be so kind as to tell me, if this is a liberal or a conservative catholic site?
(01-21-2020, 11:26 PM)KIM.T Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 11:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: So, in other words, you have no qualifications whatsoever, and you're just bloviating. OK, got it!

I do not like to brag but you will know you are wrong if you knew my qualifications. But you can think this of me if that makes you happy.
Since you are a moderator, please be so kind as to tell me, if this is a liberal or a conservative catholic site?

So you ARE just bloviating. Glad to have that out of the way. And it's a TRADITIONAL Catholic site. Most of the members are not going to listen to much of what John Paul the Small said or what his 'Catechism' says, because it deviates from the Catholic Faith as Magister Musicae has pointed out.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
jovan66102
Thanks for clarifying things for me. I was under the impression that this was a traditional (meaning conservative) forum. I could not understand the views of MagisterMusicae, but now it all makes sense.

I read the intro and understand what this forum stands for. Some believe in the current pope, others believe in a schismatic group, and the third is torn between now and then (prevatican Ii). The Eastern Catholics are lucky, they do not have any of these problems. They are united in the same traditional Faith that existed in the past.

Please do not mind me saying this but a moderator should not side with one poster against another. I was a moderator for many years in a well known forum. That was against the rules (and common sense). The other thing is that "liking a post" should not be public. It can hurt the feelings of the "little ones" when a moderator likes the opposing views of a poster. Charity has to be exercised in all things.

Wishing you well.