Catholic, Kobe Bryant Dead In Helicopter Crash
(01-29-2020, 08:25 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Let's get away from the tinfoil for a bit and pray for the souls of those lost.
A woman friend in Colorado has her pantyhose all in a wad because I said basically the same thing about Kobe. She is a to-the-bone Protestant and also has a grudge (ya, go figure) about him and some underage girl situation in his past that was rather nasty. I told her that Mary Magdalene had a sordid past as well and was forgiven. I hope he was too. I really think she was more ticked because he turned to Catholicism though.

I agree and I think I said so much in an earlier post. However it went down, a number of people are no longer with us and that is the tragedy.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian, SeekerofChrist
(01-29-2020, 09:25 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 08:25 PM)Augustinian Wrote: My two cents: HAARP is a myth fabricated to make our leaders appear to have godlike control over the planet, when in reality they can't do anything to the weather apart from lie about temperature measurements, ice caps, and polar bears to push the climate agenda. Only Christ could rebuke the wind.

Let's get away from the tinfoil for a bit and pray for the souls of those lost.

I don't know what actually caused this tragic helicopter crash.  But when some kind of conspiracy is being proposed, I can't help but think that would require people who can control the weather but can't manage to cover up a murder.  Or the Israeli Mossad couldn't come up with a more discreet way to assassinate someone other than a very noticeable helicopter crash.  Or [insert whatever powerful group of assassins or world leaders here] can't pull off a murder/assassination without someone posting a YouTube video that blows their cover.  And why they go after someone like Kobe Bryant and not the meddlesome folks posting these YouTube videos that blow the cover on their conspiracies?  If these conspiracy theories are correct, the global elites are very, very inept.  That makes me wonder how they could have bested the competition in order to rise to the top.  And I also wonder why the real police in many cases can't solve some murders and other heinous crimes, despite going over crime scenes, personally interviewing witnesses, collecting forensic evidence, etc., but some folks can effortlessly spot these global conspiracies from the comfort of their living room.  I'm not saying there aren't high level conspiracies out there.  I have no doubt that there really are.  That's the nature of geopolitics.  Governments and large corporations are locked in a continuous struggle for power, wealth, and resources.  What I really doubt is that many, if any, of these conspiracies are the ones being discussed in these YouTube videos and on blogs, etc.  Call me skeptical but I find it hard to believe that people who rise to the heights of worldly power and success can't manage anything but clumsy assassinations or are simply unable to keep their secret, nefarious plans a secret.

Honestly, as much as I have been wrapped up in these theories myself, I've given up entirely on trying to pinpoint one group as behind it all. Clearly there are powerful groups who pull strings, there always have been, but chasing just who is doing what becomes fruitless when you realize they're all just serving the Prince of this world, Lucifer. So why worry about the Jews, Freemasons, Illuminati or Lizard people? Focus on personal sanctity and being Christlike to your neighbor, growing to trust that everything is in God's hands.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • austenbosten, SeekerofChrist, Zedta
(01-29-2020, 11:57 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Honestly, as much as I have been wrapped up in these theories myself, I've given up entirely on trying to pinpoint one group as behind it all. Clearly there are powerful groups who pull strings, there always have been, but chasing just who is doing what becomes fruitless when you realize they're all just serving the Prince of this world, Lucifer. So why worry about the Jews, Freemasons, Illuminati or Lizard people? Focus on personal sanctity and being Christlike to your neighbor, growing to trust that everything is in God's hands.

I think that's the best thing we can do.  It's the approach that I take to most things now.  I keep a general awareness of what is happening in the world but my primary focus and concern is on my family and my local community.  I don't know who is up to what behind the scenes in the halls of power.  I don't know how to explain what has happened in the Church since VII and the ensuing disaster.  People living long after us will have access to a greater amount of information that can allow more informed judgements about such matters.  It is not my concern.  I've too much on my plate now, with pursuing full-time studies, helping to raise my godchildren, caring for my mother, and tending to my own soul.  I pray for the souls of those who died in that helicopter crash and if there was foul play involved, I pray that justice will eventually be done.  I'm not aware of anything else that I can do, or most other folks can do, either.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • austenbosten, jovan66102, Zedta
(01-29-2020, 10:45 PM)Zedta Wrote:  I really think she was more ticked because he turned to Catholicism though.

I was an atheist during most of my teenage years (and a bit before, actually).  When I first developed a vague theism, I explored Christianity and made the decision to become a Christian.  I told a Protestant friend of mine.  He was elated...at first.  When I realized the Catholic Church was the one founded by Jesus Christ and began RCIA, I told this Protestant friend.  It was like I had taken a dagger and stuck it into his heart.  His eyes teared up and he said "but I thought you said you were becoming a Christian!"
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 5 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Augustinian, austenbosten, Ioannes_L, jovan66102, Zedta
(01-29-2020, 11:57 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Honestly, as much as I have been wrapped up in these theories myself, I've given up entirely on trying to pinpoint one group as behind it all. Clearly there are powerful groups who pull strings, there always have been, but chasing just who is doing what becomes fruitless when you realize they're all just serving the Prince of this world, Lucifer. So why worry about the Jews, Freemasons, Illuminati or Lizard people? Focus on personal sanctity and being Christlike to your neighbor, growing to trust that everything is in God's hands.

Amen!
Let us put this thread back on course with a nice article and some very moving videos that put the subject more in focus: Link to CNN Story
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
Serious question, just because I saw it mentioned on this thread.
Do any people here believe in “lizard people”?
I’m genuinely curious.
(01-30-2020, 02:51 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Serious question, just because I saw it mentioned on this thread.
I’m genuinely curious.
That subject would be a great new thread to start!
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
(01-30-2020, 03:57 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 02:51 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Serious question, just because I saw it mentioned on this thread.
I’m genuinely curious.
That subject would be a great new thread to start!

No, it wouldn’t.
My second thought: I don’t want to know.
I’m genuinely curious.

I sincerely hope not! That goes beyond 'tinfoil hat'. You'd need a lead foil hat to keep the thought control waves out! :LOL:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Zedta