#MeToo Article Vox Retweeted
From this article:

Quote:.....

As my dissenting friend put it, “this article posits that men should be publicly shamed and their careers put in jeopardy if a woman ever comes away from a consensual intimate encounter that was not wholly satisfying.”

I think the quote here sums up #MeToo. Of course if the secular world put aside its religiophobia it would realize that we've had the right idea for over 2,000 years. No sex before marriage is essential to maintaining social sanity and social order. Liberals, pardon the french, screwed with that order by making everything socially permissive and now we have a fundamental breakdown of a very important aspect of the human experience.
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes divinesilence80's post:
  • formerbuddhist
(01-28-2020, 08:42 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: From this article:

Quote:.....

As my dissenting friend put it, “this article posits that men should be publicly shamed and their careers put in jeopardy if a woman ever comes away from a consensual intimate encounter that was not wholly satisfying.”

I think the quote here sums up #MeToo. Of course if the secular world put aside its religiophobia it would realize that we've had the right idea for over 2,000 years. No sex before marriage is essential to maintaining social sanity and social order. Liberals, pardon the french, screwed with that order by making everything socially permissive and now we have a fundamental breakdown of a very important aspect of the human experience.
Most civilized or semi civilized cultures and religious groups the world over frowned on sexual relations outside the bounds of a marriage or something approaching one.  Male/ Female dynamics have always been possibly damaging, sometimes to entire societies. 

Personally I have never, ever dated a modern western woman and never would.  I always went for foreign women from more traditional cultures but these days I'm happily staying out of relationships altogether- - at least for awhile.  Modern relationships- - especially in the west- - have so much baggage and weird dynamics, not to mention the outside culture is so hostile to men. 

While I've had a fair share of women and even sexual encounters in my day, as I approach middle age I'm more content to just hang with my books and my cat and live my life.  There's a lot less drama and trying to navigate the dangerous waters of modernity.  If I really want a woman I'll move overseas where I can shamelessly still be a man without being shamed for it.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
Looking at their reaction toward Cardinal Philippe Barbarin, I would in fact state that their only principle is not "believe all women" but rather "the accused is guilty because he is a conservative/Catholic". Cardinal Barbarin's not even the most conservative Catholic and they wanted him lynched.
Men these days are getting the message.

MGTOW is now a thing, and MGTOW monks are a thing.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!