New: hello!
I am new to the forum.

I had a very rough entrance into the church some years ago, having come from a traditional Episcopal parish.  I left the church soon after joining and returned to Anglicanism because I could not bear the horrific liturgy psychologically, and I felt as though I was being destroyed.

There was also hostility toward me because it was obvious that I was suffering because of the modernized culture of the church which I was never able to adapt to.

A few times I tried returning, making a good confession, but the priests couldn't understand where I was coming from.  I had never seen liturgy like this, having been in a traditional setting all of my sacramental life.  And I couldn't endure it.

Some months ago, however, the parish began offering the traditional Latin mass, and I was finally home.  I still avoid the Novus Ordo.  I am also very comfortable with the Liturgy of St. John of Chrysostom. 

I have returned to Catholicism for several months now, this time, I pray, to stay, and I make regular confession and strive for unceasing prayer.  Last time I was at the traditional mass, I became so moved at receiving the sacrament, and at the gentleness and kindness of our Lord, that I could not hold back my joyful weeping.

Meanwhile two family members of mine are planning to convert, partly due to my influence, and I have promised to help them find a traditional rite in their location. 

I hope to enjoy discussions here.  Thank you for having me, in advance.
[-] The following 3 users Like everbecoming2007's post:
  • Catherine, ServusDei, tucherb
God bless you. It's so hard to convert now, and if the cruel wrecknovators are denying Catholic tradition to converts, think what it has been for cradle Catholics who know nothing of these things. We're learning it all over again.
(01-29-2020, 04:40 PM)everbecoming2007 Wrote: I am new to the forum.

I had a very rough entrance into the church some years ago, having come from a traditional Episcopal parish.  I left the church soon after joining and returned to Anglicanism because I could not bear the horrific liturgy psychologically, and I felt as though I was being destroyed.

There was also hostility toward me because it was obvious that I was suffering because of the modernized culture of the church which I was never able to adapt to.

A few times I tried returning, making a good confession, but the priests couldn't understand where I was coming from.  I had never seen liturgy like this, having been in a traditional setting all of my sacramental life.  And I couldn't endure it.
Glad to see you've found a home. I have a question. I often read of converts that they are very surprised when they attend a Catholic Novus Ordo Mass. But it seems that if they have gone through an extended period of instruction, RCIA probably, that any inquirer into the Church would be introduced to the Mass-as-it-is-the-norm before baptism, and certainly a candidate would be mandated to attend liturgies well before the actual conversion? Correct me if I am wrong as a cradle Catholic, but I reckon even by the attenuated "standards" now, converts know what to expect in a Mass long before they make the commitment and that their sponsors and teachers would be sure that the newcomer is OK with the standard Novus Ordo situation as I assume the vast majority of converts enter by this common route now?
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
(01-29-2020, 08:09 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 04:40 PM)everbecoming2007 Wrote: I am new to the forum.

Glad to see you've found a home. I have a question. I often read of converts that they are very surprised when they attend a Catholic Novus Ordo Mass. But it seems that if they have gone through an extended period of instruction, RCIA probably, that any inquirer into the Church would be introduced to the Mass-as-it-is-the-norm before baptism, and certainly a candidate would be mandated to attend liturgies well before the actual conversion? Correct me if I am wrong as a cradle Catholic, but I reckon even by the attenuated "standards" now, converts know what to expect in a Mass long before they make the commitment and that their sponsors and teachers would be sure that the newcomer is OK with the standard Novus Ordo situation as I assume the vast majority of converts enter by this common route now?
I was not required to go, but I did attend mass prior to confirmation.  I thought if I could receive communion that perhaps I could get used to the liturgy.  I couldn't.