Catholic priest called Muslim immigrants a threat
In Sunday sermon, Minnesota priest called Muslim immigrants a threat.

Quote:After City Pages published an article about the sermon Wednesday, the Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Minnesota) issued a statement condemning VanDenBroeke's remarks and seeking a response from the Minnesota Catholic Conference, the public policy voice of the state's six dioceses.

Archbishop Bernard Hebda of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, [stated] "I can assure you, however, that the teaching of the Catholic Church is clear," Hebda said. "As Pope Benedict XVI noted, 'The Catholic Church, in fidelity to the teachings of the Second Vatican Council, looks with esteem to Muslims, who worship God above all by prayer, almsgiving and fasting, revere Jesus as a prophet while not acknowledging his divinity, and honor Mary, his Virgin Mother.'["]

Note two things.

First, how quickly CAIR comes out with its statement condemning what was said during a Holy Mass sermon essentially open to all.  Consider the irony that most (read: all) mosques will not let any 'infidels' admission on premises, let alone listen to their imams, so no corollary exists for anyone to make a similar claim against CAIR.

Second, the effeminate response of the Archbishop.  I will go out on a limb and predict that the this priest is basically toast.  Adios, padre. Meanwhile, in the same archdiocese, the Archbishop has done absolutely nothing to the priest who allowed the scandal of providing the pulpit to homosexual partners.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • antiquarian, josh987654321, Zedta
(01-29-2020, 08:58 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: First, how quickly CAIR comes out with its statement condemning what was said during a Holy Mass sermon essentially open to all.  Consider the irony that most (read: all) mosques will not let any 'infidels' admission on premises, let alone listen to their imams, so no corollary exists for anyone to make a similar claim against CAIR.

They don't need to have agents, stupid treacherous lily-livered Catholics are more than happy to act as quislings. It was most likely some liberal Catholic who ran screaming to CAIR about this horrible homily said by that mean priest.
[-] The following 5 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • antiquarian, jack89, jovan66102, karl, Zedta
(01-29-2020, 09:25 PM)austenbosten Wrote: It was most likely some liberal Catholic who ran screaming to CAIR about this horrible homily said by that mean priest.

Next time, maybe read more, comment less.

First, the sermon was publicly available on the parish website for more than the past three weeks.  If any one of the parishioners wanted to run "screaming to CAIR", they sure took their sweet time doing it.

Second, it was this Boomer (and ADL supporter) Mary Hirsch (see below), who blogged about it on Monday to get it to the attention of the Marxist "City Pages," who published their article this morning, whereupon CAIR immediately went into PR mode.  All of these events happened within the last 48 hours, with CAIR crying foul within minutes of the "City Pages" article being published.

ETA: A quote from Ms. Hirsch's aforecited blog post:
Quote:I don’t expect [Fr. VanDenBroeke] and I would agree on many issues – for instance I think immaculate conception means you don’t leave a wet spot....

Such a nice lady.

[Image: Mary-Hirsch.jpg]
(01-30-2020, 01:56 AM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:25 PM)austenbosten Wrote: It was most likely some liberal Catholic who ran screaming to CAIR about this horrible homily said by that mean priest.

Next time, maybe read more, comment less.

Wow, snarky much?

Maybe post the details you want people to know, instead of expecting them to read the link. Not all of us have the time to read it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • josh987654321
(01-30-2020, 08:52 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Wow, snarky much?

Terrible Austen, were all very disappointed in you, you let the forums down, you let me down and most importantly you let yourself down lol :P

In all seriousness it's pretty sad, but that's the situation we find ourselves in today with Bergoglio at the helm and promoting those out and out heretics like James Martin. Wise as snakes and innocent as doves. Id be keen to read his full homily if there is transcript or video.

I'm confident Christ will restore His Church, the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, but we are in times of darkness atm and the primary focus for me is on mitigation. Can't reach mount Tabor without first passing through Golgotha.

God Bless You
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • Zedta
(01-30-2020, 08:52 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Maybe post the details you want people to know, instead of expecting them to read the link.  Not all of us have the time to read it.

That's precisely what I did.  I highlighted the points in the article referencing CAIR and the effeminate response of the Archbishop, as those were the points my comments were directed.  Instead, though, and apparently without reading any further, you assumed something entirely different, and contrary to what was quoted in the article, making the unsupported assertion that this was a Catholic problem, not at all related to CAIR.  Sorry, but I'm not following the logic on how am I supposed to know you would do that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • jovan66102
(01-29-2020, 08:58 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: Archbishop Bernard Hebda of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, [stated] "I can assure you, however, that the teaching of the Catholic Church is clear," Hebda said. "As Pope Benedict XVI noted, 'The Catholic Church, in fidelity to the teachings of the Second Vatican Council, looks with esteem to Muslims, who worship God above all by prayer, almsgiving and fasting, revere Jesus as a prophet while not acknowledging his divinity, and honor Mary, his Virgin Mother.'["]

I really cannot express my hatred for this poor post-V2 logic when it comes to Mohammedism and Judaism. Do Muslims and Jews believe God is a Trinity? No. Do they believe Christ is God? No. Then they do not worship the same God as us.

Just because someone worships one god does not make it the same god. And blaspheming Christ by demoting Him to just a mere prophet doesn't help things.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 3 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • antiquarian, josh987654321, SeeTheLight
(01-30-2020, 09:12 AM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 08:52 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Wow, snarky much?

Terrible Austen, were all very disappointed in you, you let the forums down, you let me down and most importantly you let yourself down lol :P

Yeah, I guess I'll go kill myself since I'm of no use anymore.
(01-30-2020, 10:28 AM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 08:52 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Maybe post the details you want people to know, instead of expecting them to read the link.  Not all of us have the time to read it.

That's precisely what I did.  I highlighted the points in the article referencing CAIR and the effeminate response of the Archbishop, as those were the points my comments were directed.  Instead, though, and apparently without reading any further, you assumed something entirely different, and contrary to what was quoted in the article, making the unsupported assertion that this was a Catholic problem, not at all related to CAIR.  Sorry, but I'm not following the logic on how am I supposed to know you would do that.

I assumed that this scandal was made public because of some liberal Catholic parishoner went crying bc it went against VII. My mistake.

Sheesh do you have some sort of beef with me I don't know about? Bc you have been a bit testy with me on other forums.
(01-30-2020, 06:54 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Just because someone worships one god does not make it the same god. And blaspheming Christ by demoting Him to just a mere prophet doesn't help things.

That's just the thing too, because they both acknowledge Christ in their faiths as just some kind of prophet, they shoot themselves in the foot as obviously false, for as C.S. Lewis points out, Christ can only be 1 of 3 things, Lunatic, Liar or Lord.

God Bless You
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian