Breaking: Pope Francis Opens Door to Abolish Priestly Celibacy According to Leaked Am
(01-31-2020, 08:45 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I can't wait til Pastor Diane and her trans-male "spouse" hand out gluten-free artisan communion biscuits after we sing a hymn to Pachamama at my local Catholic multicultural center.

Sign me UP.
(01-31-2020, 08:45 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I can't wait til Pastor Diane and her trans-male "spouse" hand out gluten-free artisan communion biscuits after we sing a hymn to Pachamama at my local Catholic multicultural center.

This madness won't stop until the Church is nothing more than a collective of liturgical Unitarian parishes.

The scenario you describe is just a logical conclusion to the trajectory away from orthodoxy that the church seems to be on.  But, since "the gates of hell will not prevail", and so forth, then should we not concentrate less on what the church seems to be doing and concentrate more on what we as Christians need to do to affect positive change?
Maybe go to your local parish and ask to organize a chant group, or sumphin?
I am new here, so the comment might sound naive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thomas2's post:
  • Fionnchu
Francis is evil. What do you expect?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • jovan66102
(01-31-2020, 11:49 PM)Thomas2 Wrote: But, since "the gates of hell will not prevail", and so forth, then should we not concentrate less on what the church seems to be doing and concentrate more on what we as Christians need to do to affect positive change?

Not much I can do other than pray, keep informed and sow a seed if an opportunity presents itself. I've already been suspended for 1,000 years from Catholic Answers Forums and I have to be careful what I say in regards to Benevacantism outside of the one thread on the subject. :)

God Bless You
(01-31-2020, 08:59 PM)austenbosten Wrote: If that is what it comes to, you will find me in the Sedevacantist group.

I could never go Sedevacantist for the same reason I could never go Orthodox. If they have a valid Eucharist maybe if it got so bad, but I could never rest there. For me it's Roman Catholic or bust, and more accurately Pope Benedict XVI considering the heresies of Bergoglio and his Vatican, and if this is still going on after Pope Benedict XVI's death, then I'll have to reassess my options at such a time. In any case, I believe the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church will be restored, we are just currently undergoing the passion and death, after which will come her glorious resurrection.

I take comfort in what St Faustina said about our situation considering it was in regards to Priests on Bergoglio's exact date of birth -

St Faustina Wrote:December 17, [1936]. I have offered this day for priests. I have suffered more today than ever before, both interiorly and exteriorly. I did not know it was possible to suffer so much in one day. I tried to make a Holy Hour, in the course of which my spirit had a taste of the bitterness of the Garden of Gethsemane. I am fighting alone, supported by His arm, against all the difficulties that face me like unassailable walls. But I trust in the power of His name and I fear nothing. (Diary, 823)

God Bless You
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • Momarchist
The laity need to protest. There needs to be a large enough protest, by reasonable center-right-Catholics/ not-insane-trads...not just about this, about everything.

Pseudo-Catholic Left is constantly out there militating, mobilizing, organizing. The bishops justify their program with that. "Well, there's the sensus fidelium!"

We need to show we are not few; we are many.

I am very serious. We really need to get to work on this.

Like, a march on the National Basilica or something, I don't know. But it can't be 212 people. We need to do this.
(01-31-2020, 11:49 PM)Thomas2 Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 08:45 PM)Augustinian Wrote: This madness won't stop until the Church is nothing more than a collective of liturgical Unitarian parishes.

The scenario you describe is just a logical conclusion to the trajectory away from orthodoxy that the church seems to be on.  But, since "the gates of hell will not prevail", and so forth, then should we not concentrate less on what the church seems to be doing and concentrate more on what we as Christians need to do to affect positive change?
Well said, Thomas. As maybe "a saving remnant," traditionalists may find their ranks rising and this is where the energy needs to be concentrated, a centripetal rather than a centrifugal motion, to deepen and intensify the counter-reaction?
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fionnchu's post:
  • jack89
(01-31-2020, 08:59 PM)austenbosten Wrote:

This madness won't stop until the Church is nothing more than a collective of liturgical Unitarian parishes.

If that is what it comes to, you will find me in the Sedevacantist group.

If the Church starts ordaining women, then we can all start sleeping in on Sundays.

But abolishing celibacy isn't that. And maybe it's a sign of the Church's divine origin that Pope Francis hasn't done more than he has.
(02-01-2020, 10:19 AM)19405 Wrote: The laity need to protest. There needs to be a large enough protest, by reasonable center-right-Catholics/ not-insane-trads...not just about this, about everything.

Pseudo-Catholic Left is constantly out there militating, mobilizing, organizing. The bishops justify their program with that. "Well, there's the sensus fidelium!"

Like, a march on the National Basilica or something, I don't know. But it can't be 212 people. We need to do this.

Only the Church isn't a democracy, so it doesn't matter what the laity protest, the Hierarchy ought to be following God and be doing and teaching what is right regardless. If we get our way protesting then it just tells the others they can get their way protesting, and than what is truth, it's just a numbers game.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
(02-01-2020, 07:28 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 10:19 AM)19405 Wrote: The laity need to protest. There needs to be a large enough protest, by reasonable center-right-Catholics/ not-insane-trads...not just about this, about everything.

Only the Church isn't a democracy, so it doesn't matter what the laity protest, the Hierarchy ought to be following God and be doing and teaching what is right regardless. If we get our way protesting then it just tells the others they can get their way protesting, and than what is truth, it's just a numbers game.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You

The classic Catholic "protest" isn't the Communistic things you see lefties doing (or sadly, even so-called "conservatives" doing). It is public acts of reparation led by the clergy.

That we should be doing much more of, especially on local levels when bishops and priests say or do things which cause harm to the Faith or Morals. Rosary Marches, Days of Fast, Public Penitential Processions, Masses of Reparation, Forty Hours Devotion, etc.

The Church has always have ways of legitimately protesting, and more of that should be done, led by the good clergy, who don't care if they get reassigned to Our Lady of the Very Distant Woods.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • josh987654321, jovan66102