I couldn't get into the parish...
I have no idea at all what this thread is about.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 3 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Augustinian, jack89, SeekerofChrist
(02-03-2020, 12:44 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: I have no idea at all what this thread is about.

I thought I had a vague understanding of what was being reported but as the thread has progressed, I've grown only more confused about what the incident was.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
This is about as confusing as another thread from over a year ago where a guy asked a binary question with no context whatsoever and refused to provide any. It was something like "Is A, a form of evangelization," or something like that
(02-03-2020, 01:33 AM)newenglandsun Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 10:02 PM)Augustinian Wrote: So basically this "deaconess" was just being uncharitable toward you?
Huh? Where was that in the story? Closer that she exorcised me rather!

I don't know, I barely understand what's going on here.

And yes guys, I know what a deaconess is. Thank you.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(02-03-2020, 12:44 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: I have no idea at all what this thread is about.

Similar to what I said before, it’s like the first page of a novel that you’re reading in junior high or high school where you have to keep re-reading before you have any idea what’s going on.

Perhaps it’s just a highly sophisticated troll thread, in which case: 10/10.
(02-03-2020, 02:24 PM)FultonFan Wrote:

Similar to what I said before, it’s like the first page of a novel that you’re reading in junior high or high school where you have to keep re-reading before you have any idea what’s going on.

Perhaps it’s just a highly sophisticated troll thread, in which case: 10/10.
It was an experience I had the other night. I witnessed the power of God in a direct manner. Truth can be even more lively than fiction sometimes.
(02-03-2020, 02:00 PM)Augustinian Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 01:33 AM)newenglandsun Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 10:02 PM)Augustinian Wrote: So basically this "deaconess" was just being uncharitable toward you?
Huh? Where was that in the story? Closer that she exorcised me rather!

I don't know, I barely understand what's going on here.

And yes guys, I know what a deaconess is. Thank you.
Honestly, talking with the deaconess afterward, I think we were genuinely the only ones with a clue.
(02-03-2020, 07:03 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: It was an experience I had the other night. I witnessed the power of God in a direct manner. Truth can be even more lively than fiction sometimes.

Okay, do you mind re-telling your story with context and proper English grammar? Nobody has a freakin clue what you said.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Augustinian
(02-03-2020, 07:12 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 07:03 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: It was an experience I had the other night. I witnessed the power of God in a direct manner. Truth can be even more lively than fiction sometimes.

Okay, do you mind re-telling your story with context and proper English grammar?  Nobody has a freakin clue what you said.
I'll try and reform it a little later. I wrote the experience directly as I experienced it hence why the grammar is chopped up a bit. Kind of like how the saints write down their stories.
(02-03-2020, 07:42 PM)newenglandsun Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 07:12 PM)austenbosten Wrote:

Okay, do you mind re-telling your story with context and proper English grammar?  Nobody has a freakin clue what you said.
I'll try and reform it a little later. I wrote the experience directly as I experienced it hence why the grammar is chopped up a bit. Kind of like how the saints write down their stories.

A little less style and a little more substance is what we need.
Here: this is my experience with this thread, written in a similar manner as what you wrote. See below (most of what’s written is fiction, of course):

The confusion remained. The brows atop my eyes were in full flexion as my pupils read through the text. My dry throat needed some relief which was provided by the contents of my water bottle. “What does this mean?” my cogitative power inquired, as the water flew down my esophagus. “Get off that website!” yelled my wife at me, demanding my household chores be completed. I flared my nostrils in distrust, causing my spouse to chase me with a broom. The sweat emerged from the pores atop the brows atop the eyes that contained the pupils that read the text.