Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity
(02-03-2020, 07:32 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: I do not like the devotion at all. I was taught that God is “a spirit, infinitely perfect.”  What is an “infinitely perfect” spirit?  One who has infinitely perfect attributes. How can the Divine Mercy devotion’s claim that God’s greatest attribute is mercy be reconciled with that concept?

What are you talking about? Read my signature quotes, of course His greatest attribute is mercy, what else do you call our Lords Passion and Death? A stumbling block for the Jews and folly to the Gentiles.

His Passion and Death is not 'just' at all.

Romans 5:6-11 Wrote:6 While we were yet helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Why, one will hardly die for a righteous man—though perhaps for a good man one will dare even to die. 8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we are now justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. 11 Not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received our reconciliation.

The Divine Mercy Chaplet is so powerful because we cover ourselves in Christ's Passion and Death and thus His greatest attribute of Mercy.

(02-03-2020, 06:33 PM)everbecoming2007 Wrote: How does it make sense to offer the divinity of the Son to the Father when the Father and Son are consubstantial in divinity? 

How does it make sense for Jesus to pray to the Father when the Father and Him are one? It's also likely in reference to the Holy Eucharist (Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity) and the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world"

God Bless You
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, XavierSem

Messages In This Thread
RE: Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity - by josh987654321 - 02-03-2020, 08:25 PM