Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity
I agree with Jacafamala and Josh. The Divine Mercy Prayer is extremely powerful for the dying. St. Maria Faustina saw many souls snatched from hell as she prayed it throughout the day, especially during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. In another incident, St. Faustina saw an Angel coming to strike humanity in punishment for our sins and those of the whole world. By her own means, she was powerless to prevent it. That's when she was interiorly taught this prayer by God Himself, "Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in Atonement for our sins and for those of the whole world", and immediately the Angel could not strike. It's a powerful prayer, it prevents chastisements, it snatches souls from hell; remember another 20th Century Apparition that we all know to have been a great Heavenly Intervention from God - Our Lady of Fatima and Devotion to Her Immaculate Heart. Our Lady often told us souls go to hell because no one prays for them; that by prayer and sacrifice for them, especially at the hour of death, we can merit for them the grace of conversion and contrition, and so snatch them from going to hell. Next, She asked us to pray "O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell; lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy Mercy" and that's what the Divine Mercy prayer also does; saves the souls from the fires of hell, who are in most need of God's Divine Mercy, i.e. souls near death. Our Lord told St. Faustina concerning such souls, "They need My Mercy the most, yet have it the least. So pray and sacrifice much for them".

To the objection that the Divine Mercy Prayers do not emphasize reparation enough, or do not correctly enough balance Divine Mercy and Divine Justice (we all pray for Mercy, right? We say, Lord have Mercy. Christ have Mercy. Lord have Mercy. We do not say, "O Lord, Deign to have Justice upon me"; That would be terrible for us!), just see if you still think so after seeing what the Lord said about the Holy Souls, "Today bring to Me the Souls who are in the prison of Purgatory, and immerse them in the abyss of My mercy. Let the torrents of My Blood cool down their scorching flames. All these souls are greatly loved by Me. They are making retribution to My justice. It is in your power to bring them relief. Draw all the indulgences from the treasury of My Church and offer them on their behalf. Oh, if you only knew the torments they suffer, you would continually offer for them the alms of the spirit and pay off their debt to My justice." https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/devotio...-day-13374 Isn't that a perfect balance between Mercy and Justice?

Magister Wrote:There's at least a fair question on that.

Hi Magister. According to Wikipedia, Millions of Catholics already practiced Divine Mercy Devotion by the 40s and 50s: "Before her death Faustina predicted that "there will be a war, a terrible, terrible war" and asked the nuns to pray for Poland. In 1939, a year after Faustina's death when Archbishop Jałbrzykowski noticed that her predictions about the war had taken place, he allowed public access to the Divine Mercy image which resulted in large crowds that led to the spread of the Divine Mercy devotion.[34] The Divine Mercy devotion became a source of strength and inspiration for many people in Poland. By 1941 the devotion had reached the United States and millions of copies of Divine Mercy prayer cards were printed and distributed worldwide.[33] ... On 24 June 1956, Pope Pius XII blessed an Image of the Divine Mercy in Rome, the only one blessed by a Pope before the Second Vatican Council.[37] In 1955, under Pope Pius XII, the Bishop of Gorzów founded a religious order called the Congregation of the Most Holy Lord Jesus Christ, Merciful Redeemer, to spread devotion to the Divine Mercy.[38][39] Under both Pope Pius XI and Pope Pius XII, writings on devotion to the Divine Mercy were given imprimaturs by many bishops, making it an approved devotion.[40][41][42][43] Cardinals Adam Stefan Sapieha and August Hlond were among those who gave their approval.[44][45] During the papacy of Pope Pius XII, Vatican Radio broadcast several times about the Divine Mercy.[46]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faustina_Kowalska

So, this is pre-Vatican II. In 1959, because of a temporary translation issue, it came under scrutiny; but it subsequently passed that. 

As to the objection - just as we say the Blood is always present with the Body by concomitance, Magister, (and thus the whole Christ is present under both kinds in Holy Communion), isn't it true theologically speaking that the Divinity and Soul of Christ are also always present with His Body and His Blood? So, for e.g. when the Holy Wounds are offered to the Father, as in that other Chaplet, is not the Blood of Jesus always offered together with them? That's what Our Lord Himself said, His Blood is of Infinite Price, thus we will obtain everything by offering His Wounds to the Father, to plead on our behalf. 

Another prayer from a Saintly Sponsa Christi, this time St. Bridget, many many centuries ago, very much like the Divine Mercy Prayer. 

"Eternal Father, accept as worthy, for the needs of the Holy Church and as atonement for the sins of all Mankind, the Precious Blood and Water which poured forth from the Wound of Jesus' Divine Heart. Be gracious and merciful toward us.

Blood of Christ, the last precious content of His Holy Heart, wash me of all my and others' guilt of sin!

Water from the Side of Christ, wash me clean of all punishments for sin and extinguish the flames of Purgatory for me and for all the Poor Souls. Amen" https://www.theworkofgod.org/Devotns/bri...2years.htm

Isn't this prayer very similar, Magister? There's a prayer in my Missal, which may be familar to others here also, that goes "Eternal Father, I unite myself with the intentions and affections of Our Lady of Sorrows on Calvary, and I offer to Thee the Sacrifice which Thy Beloved Son made of Himself on the Cross and which He now renews on this holy Altar. I offer it in the name of all mankind, with the Masses which are now being offered, and all those which will be offered throughout the world this day ... To appease Thy Justice, aroused against us by so many sins, and to make satisfaction for them. To implore Grace and Mercy for myself, for Thy Holy Church, for all afflicted and sorrowing, for poor sinners, for those whom I have promised prayers, for all the world, and for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Amen"

God Bless.
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity - by XavierSem - 02-05-2020, 03:44 PM