Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity
(02-05-2020, 05:27 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: That is why I say there is a striking difference between offering to the Father "the Body, Blood, soul and Divinity" of Christ. This is, by definition to say, "I offer the Eucharist". The other prayers say I offer the Blood, or the Body, or the Wounds, or the Sufferings of Christ, all directly connected to the Passion, and so directly connected to the Sacrifice of Christ, and the essence of the Mass. The Eucharist is the effect and fruit of the Mass, and so theologically and philosophically this confuses cause and effect.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that everbecoming was onto something here, and there is a deeper problem that is not itself heretical, but certainly is tied to the confusion and ambiguity one sees in this New Theology and the Second Vatican Council.

Maybe I'm missing something here. I agree that the Divine Mercy prayer is meaning "the Eucharist" by "Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity". But I don't see how this means a meal. If we're going to say a prayer about offering our Lord, as St Gertrude does with the Precious Blood, why would we not offer the Eucharist? It's obviously not in the same sense that the priest does, but that's an issue with either prayer.

I suppose I could see how someone who sees the Mass as primarily a meal would miss the connection to the Passion with the Divine Mercy Prayer, and if the objection is that the prayer doesn't explicitly mention the Passion, I could see that. But that's really a issue with the new Mass.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Divine Mercy Chaplet and Offering the Divinity - by Paul - 02-05-2020, 06:35 PM