Praying the rosary in Latin
(02-04-2020, 10:55 AM)Paul Wrote: It's easier to memorise when you say it every day before Matins and Prime and after Compline, but the '62 Office removed that, along with the Hail Mary, which, because of that, is no longer used liturgically, at least in its entirety.

'62 made them non-obligatory. Doesn't mean you can't say them, which I do when I pray the Office.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Yes, I pray the Rosary in Latin. I love praying it in Latin. Exorcists tell us prayers said in Latin are more powerful. We already know the devil terribly fears the Rosary. The Ave Maria, many demons have said, is like a terrible crushing blow to their head! Well, let us keep praying our Ave Marias, so Our Lady can keep crushing them! St. Padre Pio called the Rosary "The Weapon", and even amidst all his very many and great duties, found time to say 100-150 decades. Let us try to make time to say 15 decades every day. That'll be a great start. If St. Pio could manage many, we can manage a few. If we desire to become saints - and we must strive to become so - one of the Rosary Promises itself assures us we can become so by the Rosary. But for that, just like Our Lady told St. Jacinta and Sr. Lucia about St. Francisco, we have to say very many Rosaries for that first.
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
(02-03-2020, 07:35 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: Does anyone here pray the rosary in Latin?  On Wednesdays and Sundays I pray the Credo and the Pater Nosters in Latin and the Aves and Glorias in English. I'm thinking about praying the whole thing in Latin.
I pray it in Latin, including saying the mysteries sometimes, but I trade off between Latin and English because I sometimes feel like I'd like to understand what I'm saying without having to take that extra effort, if that makes any sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MiserereMeiDeus's post:
  • XavierSem
(02-03-2020, 11:24 PM)dahveed Wrote: While I pray the Aves and Paters in Latin, I haven't memorized the Credo in Latin either. Silly question, but wasn't there some place on the web with Rosary cards, but all in Latin? I seem to have seen them somewhere.
prayinglatin.com has all the prayers and the mysteries.

Prayers of the Rosary-
https://www.prayinglatin.com/prayers-of-...-in-latin/

Meditations for the Rosary-
https://www.prayinglatin.com/mysteries-f...editation/
[-] The following 1 user Likes MiserereMeiDeus's post:
  • XavierSem
Do we have a standardized Fatima Prayer in Latin? I've seen about fifteen different translations of it, wildly different.
(02-09-2020, 04:58 PM)HeadRusch Wrote: Do we have a standardized Fatima Prayer in Latin? I've seen about fifteen different translations of it, wildly different.

Not that I know of, unfortunately. I suppose one could learn it in its original Portuguese dialect. :D

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • XavierSem
(02-09-2020, 06:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 04:58 PM)HeadRusch Wrote: Do we have a standardized Fatima Prayer in Latin? I've seen about fifteen different translations of it, wildly different.

Not that I know of, unfortunately. I suppose one could learn it in its original Portuguese dialect. :D

I’m barely smart enough to speak English and a little Latin. I’ll just keep saying it in English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes HeadRusch's post:
  • XavierSem
(02-09-2020, 06:53 PM)HeadRusch Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 06:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

I’m barely smart enough to speak English and a little Latin. I’ll just keep saying it in English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
Yes, I do, every day. Here's a link to the Rosary prayers in Latin: https://www.traditioninaction.org/religi...Rosary.htm

Sometimes I alternate the decades/Our Father/Gloria, one in English, one in Latin, as well.

Since I'm Cajun, I'm also looking up the rosary in French, as I used to hear my grandmother pray it when I was a kid!

Deo Gratias!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Trahan's post:
  • XavierSem