Doubting
I made an account here, since the Catholics at CAF were just rude, and not answering my questions. Also here, if God wills, perhaps the answer rate will be slower, so I can respond quicker to people's arguments. Furthermore, you guys may be more knowledgeable about this subject. In October, I bought a translation of the Qur'an, and I felt like it is perhaps the word of God. Since December, I have pretty much been Muslim. I said Shahadah by myself, but now I am starting to question my decision. The Ummah is much more divided than the Church, I am thoroughly confused by Islam! One muslim says listen to Nasheed, another says only a capella music, another says no music allowed at all. Another says I can't talk to women, another says I can only be friends and if I want to marry call her dad, yet another says I can date women without marrying them. As you can see, it is very divided on major issues. If that is not enough, I have found out that the hadith I read from is for Sunni Muslims and there are others that are determined by the twelvers shia. I yearn for Catholicism, but worry that I may just be one of those who God wills to go to hell. Needless to say, this is a serious decision. Here are my concerns:

• How do I know the Bible is the unmanipulated words of God (this one would automatically make me Catholic again, as I am sure that Catholicism is right if Christianity is)
  • How can I be sure that God is a Trinity
I hope this thread can be civil, and I don't want to start another one where I am getting poor arguments, personal attacks, and people saying MuHAmmAd WaS A CrAZy without evidence. I mean, is that really supposed to convince me? Thank you guys. Barak Allahu Fik
[-] The following 1 user Likes poeticcatholic's post:
  • ServusDei
"I yearn for Catholicism, but worry that I may just be one of those who God wills to go to hell."

No, no, no. God desires that all men be saved, for He loves all that He has made. If we end up in hell, it will be fully our fault.

I will leave the rest of the "arguing" to another--you have already pointed out that Islam is contradictory to the point of confusion, and that seems to me a good place to start. May God bless you, Barak, and as they say around here, welcome to the tank.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • newenglandsun, poeticcatholic
poeticcatholic,

While this doesn't necessarily answer your two questions directly, it does bear consideration toward your goal. May I suggest a listen?
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • poeticcatholic
(02-03-2020, 10:15 PM)poeticcatholic Wrote: I made an account here, since the Catholics at CAF were just rude, and not answering my questions. Also here, if God wills, perhaps the answer rate will be slower, so I can respond quicker to people's arguments. Furthermore, you guys may be more knowledgeable about this subject. In October, I bought a translation of the Qur'an, and I felt like it is perhaps the word of God. Since December, I have pretty much been Muslim. I said Shahadah by myself, but now I am starting to question my decision. The Ummah is much more divided than the Church, I am thoroughly confused by Islam! One muslim says listen to Nasheed, another says only a capella music, another says no music allowed at all. Another says I can't talk to women, another says I can only be friends and if I want to marry call her dad, yet another says I can date women without marrying them. As you can see, it is very divided on major issues. If that is not enough, I have found out that the hadith I read from is for Sunni Muslims and there are others that are determined by the twelvers shia. I yearn for Catholicism, but worry that I may just be one of those who God wills to go to hell. Needless to say, this is a serious decision. Here are my concerns:

• How do I know the Bible is the unmanipulated words of God (this one would automatically make me Catholic again, as I am sure that Catholicism is right if Christianity is)
I hope this thread can be civil, and I don't want to start another one where I am getting poor arguments, personal attacks, and people saying MuHAmmAd WaS A CrAZy without evidence. I mean, is that really supposed to convince me? Thank you guys. Barak Allahu Fik

Have you looked into miracles? There are a ton of relics, such as incorrupt bodies, bloody Hosts, etc. Here is a list to get you started: https://catholicsay.com/top10-astonishin...ic-church/

Another awesome fact: the Tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe is virtually indestructible and is made of a material unknown to man.

Go visit our great Catholic cathedrals that have been there for thousands of years. Visit the sites of our recent martyrs. Their lives are testaments to the Truth.
:monstrance:Deo Gratias et Ave Maria! :monstrance:
Pray the Rosary

A Dieu mon ame,
Mon arme au roi,
Mon Coeur a la dame,
Mon honneur a moi!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ServusDei's post:
  • poeticcatholic
(02-03-2020, 11:38 PM)ServusDei Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 10:15 PM)poeticcatholic Wrote: I made an account here, since the Catholics at CAF were just rude, and not answering my questions. Also here, if God wills, perhaps the answer rate will be slower, so I can respond quicker to people's arguments. Furthermore, you guys may be more knowledgeable about this subject. In October, I bought a translation of the Qur'an, and I felt like it is perhaps the word of God. Since December, I have pretty much been Muslim. I said Shahadah by myself, but now I am starting to question my decision. The Ummah is much more divided than the Church, I am thoroughly confused by Islam! One muslim says listen to Nasheed, another says only a capella music, another says no music allowed at all. Another says I can't talk to women, another says I can only be friends and if I want to marry call her dad, yet another says I can date women without marrying them. As you can see, it is very divided on major issues. If that is not enough, I have found out that the hadith I read from is for Sunni Muslims and there are others that are determined by the twelvers shia. I yearn for Catholicism, but worry that I may just be one of those who God wills to go to hell. Needless to say, this is a serious decision. Here are my concerns:

Have you looked into miracles? There are a ton of relics, such as incorrupt bodies, bloody Hosts, etc. Here is a list to get you started: https://catholicsay.com/top10-astonishin...ic-church/

Another awesome fact: the Tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe is virtually indestructible and is made of a material unknown to man.

Wow thank you, everyone here is helpful. When I asked CAF they said I was under satanic influence and told me prophet muhammad was an evil man and the usual comments on him. 
(02-03-2020, 11:38 PM)ServusDei Wrote: Another awesome fact: the Tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe ... is made of a material unknown to man.

It was traditionally believed to be made of ixtle, an agave fibre, which in no way detracts from its miraculousness. Garments made from ixtle naturally degrade over just a few years. The Tilma has lasted 481 years and for the first three centuries plus was not artificially protected in any way. If it wasn't a miracle, it would have been a pile of dust hundreds of years ago.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten, Crowe, ServusDei
poeticcatholic
Sadly I have no good apologetic book to recommend you, but try to look for one which compares Catholicism and Islam, and certainly your questions will be answered.

"A good-faith Muslim must examine his religion, compare it to the religion of Jesus Christ, Catholicism, and from this confrontation the light to see error and truth will be born in his spirit. And God, who never refuses his grace to good-willing souls, will give him the necessary strenght to renounce error and embrace truth, the only truth, enclosed in the religion founded by Jesus Christ and preserved pure and intact in the Church also founded by him: The Catholic Apostolic Roman Church."
Fr. Júlio Maria de Lombaerde

Quote:How do I know the Bible is the unmanipulated words of God

Allow me to change your question
How do you know the koran is the unmanipulated word of God?

Let me quote fr. Lombaerde:
According to Mohammed:
"If we omit a verse of the koran, or if we erase his memory from your heart, we will bring another one better or similar"

"God corrects himself, completing, enhancing.
As consequence, Muslim theologians removed from the koran a certain number of passages, visibly forgotten. Some were abrogated as letter and study; no longer told. Divine lapses, distractions of God, God's lack of memory. Other passages were abrogated as letter, but were replaced, in meaning, by other similar.
Some other were even completely removed and cancelled: they were divine ignorance. Others, finally, stood in the book, but abrogated as meaning, constituting - note this - contradictions oficially recognized and preserved...
In the koran, there are 207 verses that always figure in the text, yet abrogated by other 93.
The fifth verse of the Surata 9 abrogates, alone, another 124."

Quote:How can I be sure that God is a Trinity
Certainly you won't find the answer in Islam, for the recognition of the divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ would mean the complete nullity of Mohammed's self proclamed role of "last prophet" of God.

Quote:I yearn for Catholicism, but worry that I may just be one of those who God wills to go to hell.
Friend, at the same moment our first parents sinned He promised them a saviour.
He came, beared the unbearable for our salvation and redemption, so neither He nor His Mother wish to see His painful suffering and sacrifice becoming vain by vanity and whim of man. People condemn themselves, not God.
[Image: square-drill-20x30-cm-8x12-inch-crucifix...1567100671]
God bless you!
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 2 users Like Ioannes_L's post:
  • austenbosten, jovan66102
(02-03-2020, 10:15 PM)poeticcatholic Wrote: I said Shahadah by myself, but now I am starting to question my decision.
This may help assuage your conscience, and encourage your soul: the Shahadah is considered valid only if recited before at least two witnesses. So, if you said it on your own, you technically did not convert to Islam by your past affirmation.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)
(02-05-2020, 08:00 PM)Fionnchu Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 10:15 PM)poeticcatholic Wrote: I said Shahadah by myself, but now I am starting to question my decision.
This may help assuage your conscience, and encourage your soul: the Shahadah is considered valid only if recited before at least two witnesses. So, if you said it on your own, you technically did not convert to Islam by your past affirmation.

I was told by 95% of the Muslims I spoke to, that this is incorrect
>How do I know the Bible is the unmanipulated words of God

Because Christ's life, message, miracles and ressurrection are recorded by several wll known historical figures as well as the earliest christians who report the same doctrines and life, which has nothing to do with the mess that Muhammed made up 600 years later out of the blue, mixing up people and creating a monstrosity. This is not about random feelings, but facts that are perfectly historical. The apostles traveled around the entire world preaching what they witnessed and being killed in gruesome ways for it. Muhammed spent his whole life warmongering, promising rewards for those who would conquer territory, and selling paradise to those who would save him in one of his defeats, as accounted by the Hadith.

Muhammed called the Bible the word of God. Of course, we know that the Bible contradicts Muhammed's teachings and claims, but people who would listen that from Muhammed wouldn't know, they jsut cared about Muhammeds promises of virgins and honey, the rest was an extra.

Regarding the Trinity: Summa contra gentiles, book 4, articles 3 to 11 (they are short):
https://legiochristi.com/static/lit/summ...les-LC.pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daniel-AH's post:
  • jovan66102