Doubting
(02-06-2020, 03:49 AM)Daniel-AH Wrote: Regarding the Trinity: Summa contra gentiles, book 4, articles 3 to 11 (they are short):
https://legiochristi.com/static/lit/summ...les-LC.pdf

In fact, I would recommend reading the entire Summa contra gentiles.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, ServusDei
(02-06-2020, 04:02 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 03:49 AM)Daniel-AH Wrote: Regarding the Trinity: Summa contra gentiles, book 4, articles 3 to 11 (they are short):

This is a great advice for all people. Truly da best christian FAQ, which is why we made a really fancy, print/bind ready pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daniel-AH's post:
  • Augustinian
(02-06-2020, 04:02 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

I prefer reading the Summa Contra Gentiles over the Summa theologica simply because I hate the point/counter-point format of the Summa.  Sticking tongue out at you
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2
(02-06-2020, 07:03 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I prefer reading the Summa Contra Gentiles over the Summa theologica simply because I hate the point/counter-point format of the Summa.  Sticking tongue out at you

Not a big fan of Scholasticism, eh? LOL
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(02-06-2020, 07:07 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 07:03 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I prefer reading the Summa Contra Gentiles over the Summa theologica simply because I hate the point/counter-point format of the Summa.  Sticking tongue out at you

Not a big fan of Scholasticism, eh? LOL

I wouldn't entirely say that, but it does not make for very engaging reading.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2
(02-03-2020, 10:15 PM)poeticcatholic Wrote: I made an account here, since the Catholics at CAF were just rude, and not answering my questions. Also here, if God wills, perhaps the answer rate will be slower, so I can respond quicker to people's arguments. Furthermore, you guys may be more knowledgeable about this subject. In October, I bought a translation of the Qur'an, and I felt like it is perhaps the word of God. Since December, I have pretty much been Muslim. I said Shahadah by myself, but now I am starting to question my decision. The Ummah is much more divided than the Church, I am thoroughly confused by Islam! One muslim says listen to Nasheed, another says only a capella music, another says no music allowed at all. Another says I can't talk to women, another says I can only be friends and if I want to marry call her dad, yet another says I can date women without marrying them. As you can see, it is very divided on major issues. If that is not enough, I have found out that the hadith I read from is for Sunni Muslims and there are others that are determined by the twelvers shia. I yearn for Catholicism, but worry that I may just be one of those who God wills to go to hell. Needless to say, this is a serious decision. Here are my concerns:

• How do I know the Bible is the unmanipulated words of God (this one would automatically make me Catholic again, as I am sure that Catholicism is right if Christianity is)
  • How can I be sure that God is a Trinity
I hope this thread can be civil, and I don't want to start another one where I am getting poor arguments, personal attacks, and people saying MuHAmmAd WaS A CrAZy without evidence. I mean, is that really supposed to convince me? Thank you guys. Barak Allahu Fik

God Bless you, I hope you find answers that can help you and I'm sorry that CAF failed you.

A couple of things, I am curious:

A) What sort of doubts did you have with Catholicism before converting?
A) What brought about your interest in Islam?
B) What about reading the Koran made you think it was the truth as opposed to Christianity?

Quote:How do I know the Bible is the unmanipulated words of God

Depends on what Bible you get, because Protestant versions are manipulated.  The Bible we true Christians declare to be the infallible Word of God and contains no errors because it is the inspired Word of God.  It, along with Sacred Tradition are the sacred truths revealed by God.  The Catholic Church has protected the integrety of the Scriptures, which is why you will not see any gnostic texts in the Bible.  That does not mean that there are not mis-translations, just as there are mistranslations in the Koran because Allah is not translating the Koran from Arabic to English, but a man who is capable of errors and evil designs. 

The Koran itself is based on writings from the words of Mohammed, they were scattered and collected and written under the time of Abu Bakar, then under Osman all Korans that did not conform to the copy Abu Bakar had were destroyed for fear of dissension.  I ask, how can with these historical facts can the Koran not be manipulated?  Mohammad did not testify that every parchment and bone fragment was accurately recorded, therefore how can one prove the Koran is not itself unmanipulated.

The Koran's claim to truth depends on the Old and New Testament being correct, because it is built off of them.  Christianity we hold to be Truth because Christ is foretold in the Old Testament.  If Mohammad was the last prophet and not Saint John the Baptist, then why has he not been foretold in the Old Testament?

Quote:How can I be sure that God is a Trinity

As others have said Summa Contra Gentiles.  I'll also offer the Damascene (St John of Damascus Exposition of the Orthodox Faith) as a good choice.