Catholic dating an Orthodox?
The prudent thing would be to act with his reason and not with his feelings.  If he's concerned about dating her, then he shouldn't date her- simple as that.  Feelings mean nothing in this, as they should be subjected to reason as to whether they are prudent to act upon.  It sounds like in this case they are not, and that he recognises this as well.

I would encourage him to be open to authentic friendship with her, but to dismiss from his mind the notion of discerning the vocation of marriage with her.  I would not even encourage him to 'leave the door open for her' as it were, as that only serves to hang his feelings up on an unfounded hope, and to impede his vocational discernment elsewhere.

Friendship is a perfectly good, wholesome, and rewarding relationship in itself.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steven's post:
  • jack89, MiserereMeiDeus