What was your religious background?
My dad's father and grandfather were Presbyterian ministers. My dad converted in the mid-fifties, once telling me that it was an intellectual decision. My mom's parent divorced when she was quite young, and her mother would attend a variety of churches. Her eldest sister converted, married, and was perhaps an influence (more for her to tell than me). My mom converted in the fifties, too. I was born in time to be verging on seven when an across-the-country move brought us from the TLM to the fledgling NO. I and my siblings were raised Catholic in the heady days of felt banners and poor catechism. I never left the Faith, but was more ignorant than words allow me to express. Fast forward to my very early forties, when I was a member of the small cadre of junior defenders of the Faith at free republic. One of the older regulars kept quoting from FE and John Salza's Scripture Catholic. I'm an avid reader and history buff, and I began to mine all the goodness that Vox placed in FE. That coincided with the earliest of Michael Voris' The One True Faith. I learned a lot that I didn't hear much of in Catholic schools in the 70s and early 80s. I don't get to TLMs nearly often enough. On the other hand, I study the Faith most of the time, pray the Rosary daily, try to pray daily, especially for the Poor Souls, and do my best to catechize my children. In your charity, please pray for me, and mine.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 3 users Like dahveed's post:
  • Eric F, jack89, SeekerofChrist

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was your religious background? - by dahveed - 02-07-2020, 01:13 PM