Number of saved
(02-10-2020, 01:12 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 01:02 AM)Zedta Wrote: We do go back a long time together, I'd have thought it more apropos that you would have sent me a PM rather than a public lambasting. I did not expect it from you.

And I'm sorry for doing it. It was uncalled for.
Thanks, still friends, no?
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(02-10-2020, 01:21 AM)Zedta Wrote: Thanks, still friends, no?

Of course, but like all friends, it's OK if we get on one another's nerves once in awhile. :D
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Yup! :tiphat:

That's why I called you out when you'stepped on my toes'!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • jovan66102
(02-10-2020, 12:25 AM)Zedta Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 12:00 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 11:50 PM)Zedta Wrote: You are becoming an outright MM acolyte!

I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean by that?
I doubt your sorry and the fact you showed yourself so quickly only proves my point.
Go away kid you bother me!

Never here have I once showed you any lack of charity. Never once have I even engaged in a personal attack or critique of you personally. Have I challenged you on certain points of your posts? Absolutely, but that's what a forum is about, and I have always invited the same.

Not a single time in this thread have I called you out or said you were wrong. Not once. Yet you take personal shots at me.

All I was asking was what you intended by that comment. You respond with vitriol. Your lack of charity is uncalled for and simply un-Christian.

You don't have to like me. But to act like a Christian adult should not be that hard, and should be a minimum thing to ask on this forum.

If you want to criticize me, fine, but critique my words, don't act like a child. If you can't do that, then maybe you should be elsewhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102, newenglandsun

I doubt your sorry and the fact you showed yourself so quickly only proves my point.

Zedta, bringing MM into the discussion, out of the blue, is uncool, and then accusing him of being disingenuous when he defends himself is uncalled for. Will you please apologize to him? 

Let's keep this place civil. Most of the world is bad enough; we need a sanctuary from all that sort of thing.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Zedta
(02-10-2020, 02:20 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:

Never here have I once showed you any lack of charity. Never once have I even engaged in a personal attack or critique of you personally. Have I challenged you on certain points of your posts? Absolutely, but that's what a forum is about, and I have always invited the same.

Not a single time in this thread have I called you out or said you were wrong. Not once. Yet you take personal shots at me.

All I was asking was what you intended by that comment. You respond with vitriol. Your lack of charity is uncalled for and simply un-Christian.

You don't have to like me. But to act like a Christian adult should not be that hard, and should be a minimum thing to ask on this forum.

If you want to criticize me, fine, but critique my words, don't act like a child. If you can't do that, then maybe you should be elsewhere.
^^^^^Yeah, MM's not really a biter and I've had my disagreements with him.
(02-10-2020, 02:20 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:

I suppose you may have a short memory, but the way you have responded to me in the past was taken as though you were my personal troll, by me. I could make citation, but I think it would be pointless at this juncture and further hijacking of this thread is also unnecessary. That was/is my perception and if I am in error or misreading you, I regret that and apologize.

As for the 'acolyte' comment; it seems that Jovan and you had become cohorts and I perceived that he was learning his style from you, so ya, in the second meaning of acolyte, he seems to be a student of yours. That's my perception and as I said, I bow to the idea that I could be in error.
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
(02-10-2020, 03:46 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:

Zedta, bringing MM into the discussion, out of the blue, is uncool, and then accusing him of being disingenuous when he defends himself is uncalled for. Will you please apologize to him? 

Let's keep this place civil. Most of the world is bad enough; we need a sanctuary from all that sort of thing.
Agreed. Mea Culpa
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian
(02-10-2020, 03:46 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:

Remember that Satan and his angels eat their own, but the saints do not. Charitable discourse is the key to a mutual understanding, even if we disagree.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • jovan66102, Zedta
>I suppose you may have a short memory, but the way you have responded to me in the past was taken as though you were my personal troll, by me.
--------------
You just have to put up with it.

meanwhile
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta