I'm Worried I Cannot Convert
I was raised without any religion. I have never been baptized and know next to nothing about Christianity other than the typical "God created the world and Jesus died for our sins." I now wish to convert to Catholicism. However, the closest Catholic church is hours away, and since I am but 15, I cannot get there. (No, my family won't take me.)

Is it even possible to convert if I cannot go to a church? Am I too old to only begin?usps trackingshowbox[/url]speed test
(02-15-2020, 01:16 AM)stevejock1 Wrote: I was raised without any religion. I have never been baptized and know next to nothing about Christianity other than the typical "God created the world and Jesus died for our sins." I now wish to convert to Catholicism. However, the closest Catholic church is hours away, and since I am but 15, I cannot get there. (No, my family won't take me.)

Is it even possible to convert if I cannot go to a church? Am I too old to only begin?

Yes it is absolutely still possible to convert.
(02-15-2020, 02:06 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 01:16 AM)stevejock1 Wrote: I was raised without any religion. I have never been baptized and know next to nothing about Christianity other than the typical "God created the world and Jesus died for our sins." I now wish to convert to Catholicism. However, the closest Catholic church is hours away, and since I am but 15, I cannot get there. (No, my family won't take me.)

Is it even possible to convert if I cannot go to a church? Am I too old to only begin?

Yes it is absolutely still possible to convert.

I agree with Bonaventure that it's still possible to convert, but where are you in the UK that the nearest Catholic Church is hours away? I find that very difficult to believe. There are Catholic Churches all over England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

If you feel comfortable, PM any one of us. As Jovan has made point, there are several Catholic churches in the U.K. it would be easy to Google search for one closest to you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
I am in the UK. Give me your location and I will find out for you.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
https://www.ordinariate.org.uk/groups/groups.php
Directory for Ordinariate churches.

http://orientale-lumen.blogspot.com/p/uk...s.html?m=1
Here's a link to some of the Eastern Catholic churches in the U.K. as well.

Not certain if you were looking for Catholic in general but these are going to tend toward more traditional liturgies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
"Is it even possible to convert if I cannot go to a church? Am I too old to only begin?"

Don't be afraid. Everyone who reads your post is praying for you. Read all you can about prayer (many excellent links here on Fish Eaters) and tell God that you trust Him. He will rescue you. Meanwhile there is help here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • antiquarian
(02-15-2020, 03:49 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I agree with Bonaventure...

Thanks for agreeing with me... but I didn't even proffer an opinion!

Sticking tongue out at you
(02-15-2020, 01:16 AM)stevejock1 Wrote: Is it even possible to convert if I cannot go to a church? Am I too old to only begin?

Too old to begin?  Well, considering that as long as one is still alive, it's never too late to begin.

However, given your age, and assuming you have no immediate health concerns, from a practical standpoint, you may have to wait until you're beyond the purview of your parents.
15 years old “too old to convert”? No, certainly, certainly, certainly not.
I was about 28 before I truly came home to the Catholic Church.
There are people far older that convert, surely.

In fact, at the age of 15, we should all give God thanks that He’s given someone your age the grace of conversion. Keep cooperating with God’s grace; something you’re clearly already doing.

As for your geographical situation, I’ll leave that to the advice of others who are familiar with the area.

Edit. I hadn’t capitalized “He” in reference to Our Lord.
[-] The following 5 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • 19405, antiquarian, newenglandsun, SeeTheLight, Teresa Agrorum