Another Rosary question
My mom was telling me that she read on some web site that you don’t have to say the Apostles Creed when you start the rosary. I have never heard anything like this before, and if it’s true, it sounds like another JPII Vatican II invention. Has anyone ever heard of this before?
The Rosary proper consists of only the 5 (15) Our Fathers, the 50 (150) Hail Marys, and the 5 (15) Glory Bes (In fact, I'm not even sure the Glory Be is required). But I've never heard of anyone before or after the Council suggesting that we should not say the preparatory prayers, including the Creed. If I'm saying the entire 15 Mysteries at one go, I do not repeat the preparatory prayers between each five Mysteries, however.

The Servant of God John Hardon's definition:

Quote:ROSARY. A devotional prayer, mental and vocal, honoring the Blessed Mother of God. It is said on a string of beads made up of five sets each of one large and ten smaller beads, called decades. On the large beads the Pater Noster is said; on the small ones, the Hail Mary. The usual devotion is the fifteen decades, on the joyous, sorrowful, or glorious aspects of Our Lord and Our Lady's life. It is the most popular of all nonliturgical Catholic devotions and has been highly recommended by many popes. This is the standard Rosary.

Notice that he doesn't even mention the beads for the preparatory prayers. Nor does he mention the Glory Be.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, Florida Catholic Guy, oneandonly6tk, Teresa Agrorum
Thank you Jovan!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Florida Catholic Guy's post:
  • jovan66102
Bye the bye, here are the preparatory prayers I use. They're a combination of St Louis Marie de Montfort, a Dominican Use I ran across, and the Legion of Mary.

In the name of the Father, and  of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

COME, Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love.
V. Send forth Thy Spirit, and they shall be created;
R.  And Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let Us Pray
O God, Who hast enlightened the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Ghost, grant that by the same Spirit we may be always truly wise, and ever rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
V. O Lord,  open thou my lips.
R. And my mouth shall declare thy praise.
V. O God, ✠ come to my assistance;
R. O Lord, make haste to help me.
V. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost.
R.  As it was in the beginning, is now, * and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Alleluia. From Septuagesima to Holy Saturday, instead of Alleluia, is said : Praise be to thee, O Lord, King of eternal glory.

Most Holy Virgin of Fatima, I offer this Rosary for the Conversion of Russia and for the peace of the world, but especially for (insert your intentions here) and for all those other intentions for which I have promised to pray, am bound to pray, or for which Thou wouldst have me pray.

unite with all the saints in heaven and with all the just on earth; I unite with Thee, my Jesus, to praise Thy Most Holy Mother worthily and to praise Thee in her and by her. I renounce all the distractions that may come to me whilst I am saying this Rosary. O Blessed Virgin Mary, we offer thee this creed to honour the faith Thou hadst upon earth and to ask thee to permit us to share in that same faith. O Lord, we offer Thee this Our Father to adore Thee in Thy Oneness and to acknowledge Thee as the first cause and the last end of all things. Most Holy Trinity, we offer you these three Hail Marys to thank you for all the graces which you have given to Mary and which you have given to us through her intercession.

Credo, Our Father, three Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father....
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, Catherine, Florida Catholic Guy, Teresa Agrorum