Coronavirus, the Call to Penance, and the Helmsman to Come
"A woman in her mid 40's in Osaka Japan just got Coronavirus for the second time."

Yes, and I get the impression from news reports that each time the virus is contracted, the body is further weakened. Zedta is right, prayer is our remedy.

I'm alarmed that anyone would believe we can 'do something' ourselves to stop this contagion; this is simply more of the same mistake we've making all along. Here's a thought: have any of these affected archdioceses made mention of processions in the streets? Surely this is a better idea than merely shuttering the churches--what good is the Church if She doesn't go out to fight?
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • antiquarian, Luigi Daniele, Zedta
I love the Star of the Sea prayer, particularly since I'm a parishioner at Star of the Sea church!

Thanks, and Deo Gratias!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Trahan's post:
  • Zedta
Mauro Faverzani of Corrispondenza Romana reported that in Cremona, whose bishop has suspended all Masses, and whose mayor has suspended schools, the public market, sports, and other public events remain open and people throng in bars, restaurants, pharmacies, and shopping centers.  

“Paradoxically [in Cremona] you can have an aperitif with friends, find yourself in a pizzeria and go to the shopping center, but you can’t receive the Eucharist, or pray together in Church to ask for protection against the coronavirus,” he wrote. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/sacram...-stay-open
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum, Zedta
Excellent letter from Bishop Athanasius Schneider

Then there is also the fact that during the Church's 2,000-year history there were no proven cases of contagion due to the reception of Holy Communion. In the Byzantine Church the priest gives Communion to the faithful even with a spoon, the same spoon for everyone. And then, the priest or deacon drinks the wine and water with which he purified the spoon, which was sometimes even touched with the tongue of a faithful during the reception of Holy Communion. Many faithful of the Eastern churches are scandalized, when they see the lack of faith of bishops and priests of the Latin Rite, as they introduce the ban on receiving Communion in the mouth, a ban made ultimately for lack of faith in the sacred and Divine character of the Body and Blood of the Eucharistic Christ.https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2020/02/op-ed-bishop-schneider-rite-of-holy.html
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum, Zedta
(02-28-2020, 02:28 PM)Eric F Wrote: Then there is also the fact that during the Church's 2,000-year history there were no proven cases of contagion due to the reception of Holy Communion.
THIS!

Yes indeed and something I have reiterated many times to people at our Parish.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Eric F, Teresa Agrorum
We cannot run away--where will sinners go, now that the churches are shuttered?

We must march to battle in Eucharistic and Marian processions. Let this plague see its end coming.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Zedta