A few quick Ash Wednesday questions.
(02-26-2020, 09:46 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Yes, he received Baptism when a few months old.
Not sure why I worded things like this.

I figured he was, just checking.

(02-26-2020, 09:46 PM)FultonFan Wrote: ... what about sublingual Melatonin and Unisom taken after midnight last night? I guess they’re sort of OTC medicines/supplements/vitamins.
Can’t see how they’d be food.

If you're snacking on Unisom, you'd probably not be typing now.

Food is what is taken per modum cibum (as food), not merely what gets put in the mouth.

If you bite your nails, you're not looking for some extra protein. If you're diabetic and need sugar, you're not looking to chow down by drinking an orange juice, just prevent a coma. If your head hurts, you don't make a meal of aspirin. Even if in cooking you need to taste the sauce or food, you could certainly take a small amount to get the spices right (but should ideally spit it out if possible, though that's not absolutely necessary).

In each of these cases, you're not trying to "eat" in any normal sense of that word.

Remember the Faith is reasonable and does not demand the unreasonable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • FultonFan
(02-26-2020, 10:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 09:46 PM)FultonFan Wrote: This is probably scruples, but what about sublingual Melatonin and Unisom taken after midnight last night? I guess they’re sort of OTC medicines/supplements/vitamins.

They're not. It's scruples. Still praying for you every day.
Thanks brother.
(02-27-2020, 12:27 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 09:46 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Yes, he received Baptism when a few months old.
Not sure why I worded things like this.

I figured he was, just checking.

(02-26-2020, 09:46 PM)FultonFan Wrote: ... what about sublingual Melatonin and Unisom taken after midnight last night? I guess they’re sort of OTC medicines/supplements/vitamins.

If you're snacking on Unisom, you'd probably not be typing now.

Food is what is taken per modum cibum (as food), not merely what gets put in the mouth.

If you bite your nails, you're not looking for some extra protein. If you're diabetic and need sugar, you're not looking to chow down by drinking an orange juice, just prevent a coma. If your head hurts, you don't make a meal of aspirin. Even if in cooking you need to taste the sauce or food, you could certainly take a small amount to get the spices right (but should ideally spit it out if possible, though that's not absolutely necessary).

In each of these cases, you're not trying to "eat" in any normal sense of that word.

Remember the Faith is reasonable and does not demand the unreasonable.
Thank you as always!
(02-26-2020, 09:57 AM)Augustinian Wrote: I've got to say, it kind of sucks that my parish isn't having a Mass today (Father has to drive from MN every week for Mass here), because I've already missed the other two TLMs in my area (which were at 6:30am). :/

6:30 am?  What a ridiculously inconvenient time!  That’s entirely too early, especially for BOTH TLMs in the area. Why both at 6:30?  Could they not have coordinated and had at least one Mass that didn’t start well, now?