Pope sick
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/pope-franc...erers/amp/

Pope Francis has come down with a “slight indisposition,” forcing him to cancel a planned Mass in Rome, just a day after he expressed his solidarity with coronavirus sufferers around the world — and as the disease continues to spread across Italy.

The illness has forced the 82-year-old pontiff to nix a penitential Mass, marking the start of Lent, that he’d planned to celebrate at the St. John Lateran basilica across town with Roman clergy, the Vatican said.

Francis will proceed with the rest of his planned work Thursday, but “preferred to stay near Santa Marta,” the Vatican hotel where he lives, officials said.

The Vatican has not specified the nature of the pope’s illness, but he was seen coughing and blowing his nose during Ash Wednesday Mass.
We'll pray for him!
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • Augustinian, jack89, Margaret-Mary, ServusDei
I'll offer up the rosary I'm about to pray for the Pope. Thanks for the news!

Deo Gratias!
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark Trahan's post:
  • Augustinian, jack89, Margaret-Mary, Teresa Agrorum
If it turns out to be serious I hope he makes a really good confession.  :sick:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Margaret-Mary, Teresa Agrorum
And yes, I will say a prayer for him as I do every day. That's all I can say.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Margaret-Mary, Teresa Agrorum
He should have Archbishop Lenga for confession.
[-] The following 6 users Like Eric F's post:
  • antiquarian, CopiosaApudEumRedemptio, JacafamalaRedux, jovan66102, Margaret-Mary, Teresa Agrorum
"He should have Archbishop Lenga for confession."

LOL!
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
What I find interesting is Pope Francis has for two days nows cancelled the "church stuff" yet goes ahead with his "non church stuff". Actions speak louder than words.

And yes I pray for the Pope every day.
"There is nothing more pleasing to God, than to see a soul who patiently and serenely bears whatever crosses it is sent; this is how love is made, by putting lover and loved one on the same level. . . A soul who loves Jesus Christ desires to be treated the way Christ was treated-desires to be poor, despised and humiliated."

St Alphonsus Ligouri
(02-29-2020, 07:08 AM)CopiosaApudEumRedemptio Wrote: What I find interesting is Pope Francis has for two days nows cancelled the "church stuff" yet goes ahead with his "non church stuff". Actions speak louder than words.

What other stuff? (Sorry, haven’t been following what else he’s been up to.)
(02-29-2020, 10:46 AM)Margaret-Mary Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 07:08 AM)CopiosaApudEumRedemptio Wrote: What I find interesting is Pope Francis has for two days nows cancelled the "church stuff" yet goes ahead with his "non church stuff". Actions speak louder than words.

What other stuff? (Sorry, haven’t been following what else he’s been up to.)

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/...ffice.html

Pope postpones official audiences but continues meetings at Santa Marta

The schedule of Pope Francis has been modified for the second day, Friday, the Vatican Press Office said.

Vatican News
“The Holy Father celebrated Mass this morning and at the end, as usual, greeted the participants, but decided to postpone today's official audiences,” the Director of the Holy See Press office, Matteo Bruni, said on Friday.  “The meetings on the agenda at Casa Santa Marta continue regularly ", he told journalists.

The previous day, Thursday, Pope Francis had skipped a scheduled penitential service with the clergy of Rome at Saint John Lateran, letting his speech be read by the Vicar of Rome Diocese, Cardinal Angelo De Donatis. 

Bruni explained to journalists that because of “a slight indisposition” the Pope "preferred to stay inside Santa Marta,” where the pontiff lives.  “All other commitments will go ahead regularly,” he said.

In fact, Thursday morning, the Pope celebrated Mass at Santa Marta and later met a delegation of the Global Catholic Climate Movement, an organization that collaborates with the Church for greater protection of the environment, in line with the Holy Father’s encyclical, “Laudato si’.
"There is nothing more pleasing to God, than to see a soul who patiently and serenely bears whatever crosses it is sent; this is how love is made, by putting lover and loved one on the same level. . . A soul who loves Jesus Christ desires to be treated the way Christ was treated-desires to be poor, despised and humiliated."

St Alphonsus Ligouri