Restorers Try to Get Lunar Module Guidance Computer Up and Running
WOW!

In 1976 in a warehouse in Texas, Jimmie Loocke bought two tons of scrapped NASA equipment. Years later he realized it included a computer from an Apollo lunar module, like the one used to guide the lander to the surface of the moon during Apollo 11. Fifty years after that mission, computer restoration experts in Silicon Valley are trying to get his computer working again.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • dahveed, Zedta
That is fascinating!

It reminds me of my early days, working at Lockheed and as an inspector, using their IBM 360-50 to do calculations on parts I was inspecting for the L-1011 airliner. We had to 'book' a time to get on line with the machine. Inputting data was tedious and exacting. Most of our calculations were done on a slide rule, but I remember the mechanical calculators, that worked out square root calculations by digital mechanics. It is astounding that these guys got this computer to work after all these years of degradation of the hardware.

Really cool!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis
For you nerds who would love to work the AGC, but don't have the luxury of access to a physical one.  Someone was magnanimous enough to code the AGC in an interactive Javascript application.

https://svtsim.com/moonjs/agc.html