Death, Judgement, Heaven or Hell.
(02-28-2020, 07:36 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 07:04 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: If you want to clear the room of liberals, just put this priest's mission on.

No kidding, if I need a little elbow room doing dinner prep this works like a charm.

And it's good for them,  too. I know they think about what little they had to hear before heading off to some place else.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

I'm gonna listen to these on my drive to church over the next few weeks!  Is he FSSP, SSPX, diocesan....?
He's a Franciscan Friar. He does a lot of talks for the Fatima Center.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(02-28-2020, 07:55 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: [quote pid='1414649' dateline='1582933002']
He's a Franciscan Friar. He does a lot of talks for the Fatima Center.

[/quote]

I'm guessing OFM Cap. from the beard, which is the most glorious beard I've ever seen on a Capuchin! I love it!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, JacafamalaRedux, Teresa Agrorum
Thanks.  I've listened a couple of times to Fr. Isaac's Lenten missions in the past and am doing so again this Lent.  Always a good ice breaker, or better yet, cold shower, for my lulled soul after the comfort zone of Christmas through Mardi Gras.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
I've listened to the first one on death.  Good content, definitely not the style of preaching that gets through to me, though.  Very Protestant in style (yelling points for emphasis).  But still good stuff to think about.  I'll be sure to listen to the next one this coming Sunday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(03-02-2020, 01:18 PM)Melkite Wrote: I've listened to the first one on death.  Good content, definitely not the style of preaching that gets through to me, though.  Very Protestant in style (yelling points for emphasis).  But still good stuff to think about.  I'll be sure to listen to the next one this coming Sunday.

I'm not sure I'd describe Father's preaching as 'protestant in style.' He's so spot on Catholic. I'd suggest maybe he's preaching from the gut as opposed to the head or heart. Does that makes sense? Some preach from the heart, others from the intellect and still others from the gut.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert
(03-02-2020, 10:35 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 01:18 PM)Melkite Wrote: I've listened to the first one on death.  Good content, definitely not the style of preaching that gets through to me, though.  Very Protestant in style (yelling points for emphasis).  But still good stuff to think about.  I'll be sure to listen to the next one this coming Sunday.

I'm not sure I'd describe Father's preaching as 'protestant in style.' He's so spot on Catholic. I'd suggest maybe he's preaching from the gut as opposed to the head or heart. Does that makes sense? Some preach from the heart, others from the intellect and still others from the gut.
Yeah, somehow that makes sense to me.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
(02-28-2020, 12:03 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Here's the next one:

I've finished this one today on my ride into work. And it really shook me (as most of Fr. Isaac's sermons do), just the image of Christ as the Just Judge is altogether terrifying to contemplate, especially if I wind up as a goat rather than a lamb. It's so easy to look at the sentimental image of Christ that is common today and forget that He is also Justice. It also brings me great adulation to think of His Justice as fulfilled in the general Judgment. It's a lot to contemplate and think about, especially in this Lenten season. God bless Fr. Isaac!
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • HailGilbert
(03-02-2020, 10:35 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't sure Protestant was the right way of describing it either.  Content wise, it's solidly Catholic.  But something about the way he emphasized his points reminded me of videos I've heard of Protestant revivals, or watching John Hagee when I was a very new Christian.  The presentation at some points (definitely not for the whole thing) reminded me of an evangelical style of preaching.