1918 influenza pandemic survivor interview: Mrs. Edna Register Boone
God bless the people who lived and died during the last pandemic. May God protect us and help us to get through whatever difficulties we may be called to endure in the coming weeks. 

Mrs. Boone, 100 year-old resident of Mobile, tells how her family was the only family in a small rural Alabama area that did not contract the flu during the 1918 flu outbreak. Mrs. Boone's family all became responders in her community. Her parents become instant nurses and she delivered soup to the door of ill families.

"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum, Zedta
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Thanks for posting, JacafamalaRedux. May God bless this dear lady.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(03-02-2020, 09:17 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Mrs. Boone, 100 year-old resident of Mobile, tells how her family was the only family in a small rural Alabama area that did not contract the flu during the 1918 flu outbreak. Mrs. Boone's family all became responders in her community. Her parents become instant nurses and she delivered soup to the door of ill families.

I hope that video is a few years old. If not, she was an awfully intelligent toddler to be delivering soup to families when she was only a year or two old.  :D
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Teresa Agrorum
(03-02-2020, 09:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:17 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Mrs. Boone, 100 year-old resident of Mobile, tells how her family was the only family in a small rural Alabama area that did not contract the flu during the 1918 flu outbreak. Mrs. Boone's family all became responders in her community. Her parents become instant nurses and she delivered soup to the door of ill families.

I hope that video is a few years old. If not, she was an awfully intelligent toddler to be delivering soup to families when she was only a year or two old.  :D
The video was posted in 2012 and she said at the very onset of the video that she was born in 1907  :idea: and was 10 years old when the flu hit.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(03-02-2020, 10:47 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

The video was posted in 2012 and she said at the very onset of the video that she was born in 1907  :idea: and was 10 years old when the flu hit.
Yeah, I know. Old as dirt. God bless her. Whatever else, it says she's 100 years old at the time of the video.