Hand Washing Tip
Hi, folks.

I was told that it's best to wash your hands for 20 seconds, in this era of Novavirus concerns.

I just timed it, and that's also how long it takes to say the Ave Maria (Hail Mary), in Latin.  Here it is below:

Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum; benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Jésus.

Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstræ. Amen.

Deo gratias!
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark Trahan's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102, karl, Luigi Daniele, Teresa Agrorum
Only a Fishie would think of it.  :D Thanks, Mark.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Teresa Agrorum's post:
  • karl
And I missed a great opportunity!  I taught my kids to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!"
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
As someone in Healthcare, also remember that Purell is only used after your hands have already been washed and are not visibly soiled. I don't know how many people seem to think that just rubbing Purell on your grimy hands makes them clean.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"modern Catholics have tended to put too much faith in the pope and too little in the Church." - Bishop Williamson.
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • karl, Teresa Agrorum
(03-02-2020, 11:28 PM)Augustinian Wrote: As someone in Healthcare, also remember that Purell is only used after your hands have already been washed and are not visibly soiled. I don't know how many people seem to think that just rubbing Purell on your grimy hands makes them clean.
Good point, thanks!
Deo gratias!