Prayer Please
My lovely, kind-hearted  Nephew passed away last Fri at the age of 37. He was an Air Force vet and did 2 tours in Iraq. He suffered terribly from PTSD and took his own life.  As traditional as I am I understand mental illness as a disease like cancer. I believe God is merciful. Please pray for his soul and for my brother Tony. Steven was his only child. Thank you.
We certainly will pray, Stancy. These are very difficult times.
Qui me amat, amet et Deum meum.
(03-03-2020, 07:16 PM)StancyJ Wrote: My lovely, kind-hearted  Nephew passed away last Fri at the age of 37. He was an Air Force vet and did 2 tours in Iraq. He suffered terribly from PTSD and took his own life.  As traditional as I am I understand mental illness as a disease like cancer. I believe God is merciful. Please pray for his soul and for my brother Tony. Steven was his only child. Thank you.

Traditionally, people didn’t know enough about mental illness. Objectively, suicide is grave matter. Lots of things that lead up to suicide can also severely impair right reason. Just be sure to have Masses offered for him.
:pray: :pray:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.